Chapter Twenty-Two

stuff gets good in this chapter yeayy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 22

>>Leslie<<

"What the hell is this?!" Mom screamed the very second I stepped inside.

Oh my God. She was holding one of my syringes filed with the serum. Charles muttered some colorful words, and Warren just got really nervous. Liam, on the other hand, was absolutely confused.

"Mom, I can explain-"

"Is it drugs?" Mom asked, a tear slipping down her cheek. "Are you doing drugs?"

"No, Mom, I swear-"

"Well, then, what is it?" She shouted again, anger and fear in her voice.

I hesitated. What should I tell her? The truth? A lie? My brain swirled and my heart felt like it was ready to pop out of my chest.

"Leslie?" Liam whispered, concern in his voice. "What is that stuff?"

"It..." I trailed off, trying to collect my thoughts. I was scaring my family. I needed to think of what to say. "It's a serum!"

"A serum?" Mom said, still sounding angry. "What in God's name is that?!"

"Can we talk about this later? When Dad's home?" I asked, biting my lip. I thought that if I was going to spill this secret, I needed to spill this secret when my whole family was around.

Mom sighed and rubbed her forehead. "Fine, but you're staying in your room until then."

"That's cool. I have company anyways," I stated, my eyes widening after I realized I had said that out loud.

"What do you mean by that?" Mom folded her arms across her chest.

"You'll find out when Dad's home." I replied, not making eye contact. I felt like if I looked her in the eyes she'd immediately know all my deepest thoughts.

I rushed into my bedroom and shut the door, locking it right after. I sat on my bed and put my head in my hands, not knowing what else to do. This situation was not worth crying over, and there was no way I could get out of this. I had to tell my family about the Ghost Serum.

I contemplated telling them about the effects of the serum as well, but then quickly decided against it. I didn't see the point in telling them about the fact that I experience immense pain after every dose; it would only worry them more and cause more trouble.

I noticed that Charles, Sylvie and Warren had entered the room. Charles was sitting beside me, giving me sad looks.

"You were going to have to tell them eventually, right?" Charles told me, offering a small, reassuring smile.

I shrugged. "I guess so, but I don't think I'm ready to tell them yet."

"You also can't help the fact your mom is a stressful cleaner," Sylvie added, rolling her eyes a bit. I gave her a confused look. "Oh! I mean, you know how she cleans when she's stressed? Yeah, when you were gone she decided to clean the bathrooms and she found the syringes while cleaning."

I laid down on my bed and curled into a ball pathetically. My family was going to think I was insane and probably stick me in the mental hospital along side Edward Fitzpatrick.

Maybe I should ask to visit Edward again when my dad comes home from work. Explain to my family that I needed to discuss ghost-related things with the not-really-crazy old man. Should I tell them Edward isn't mentally ill, too? Or would that be a bad idea?