2.35 Return of The Yin Maiden (2)

Start from the beginning

The few guards and people left behind could only stare in awe, feeling the gust of wind barely left behind from the sudden qi burst YuLan just made. After all, one did not simply see a Dao cultivator showcasing their talent in public.

The young soldier looked on with admiration in his eyes, "What a beautiful woman. I thought the others that have come before her were the most beautiful women I have ever laid my eyes upon. But this one... there's something about her that could even bend the strongest of a man's will."

His superior immediately smacked his head, "She is not someone you could mindlessly chatter about. Have you forgotten what our cultivations' rank is? We are Martial-Artists. And were you able to gauge her qi's depth? No. That means she's either an Enlightened, or even a Sage. She could send your ass to hell and back. Now stop dreaming about useless things and get back on duty!!"

--------------

YuLan found the inn in no time at all

YuLan found the inn in no time at all. Perhaps it was due to the recent Daemon incident and the stricter security at gates, depriving the inn of visitors and the usual bustle of a normal business place. The red lacquer of the two stories structure added to its forlorn ambience as well, despite the workers trying to act busy.

She was also able sensed Cao Lu quickly; though she must say she could hear her DaShijie's voice from a mile away,

"It has been days! My brothers seem to be dying more each passing day! You are a Physician yet you are so useless!!!"

YuLan's mind blanked at Cao Lu's remark about her 'brothers'. Zuo ZhouLei was of course, one of Cao Lu's brothers as well, and YuLan just had to make sure of his condition as fast as possible. Therefore, without greeting Cao Lu, she immediately went up to the second floor, towards the third room from the end of the corridor.

The qi emanating from inside was sill as erratic as ever since YuLan noticed them, but now that she was closer, she could breathe a sigh of relief.

The qis belonged to Zuo BingTan and Zuo JinHai. YuLan frowned, suddenly deprived of her initial relief. The two siblings meant a lot to Cao Lu, and Cao Lu meant a great deal to YuLan. She battled for a moment, whether or not she should leave Ru'an and continue to pursue where Zuo ZhouLei might have gone to. Cao Lu's still booming exasperated yell from below immediately let YuLan decide.

She stepped into the room. The room was quite spacious, it must have been prepared for more distinguished guests of the inn. There, lying in two separate beds, was Zuo BingTan and Zuo JinHai. YuLan walked silently, understanding that at her current cultivation level, even if the two men were conscious, they would not be able to sense her.

However, she was caught off guard; as soon as she stood within an arm's reach of the bed, her hand was roughly pulled by one of the men – her friend that was still sleeping just a moment ago.