Chapter 22

Jack's P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've been in the hospital for 3 days. 3 DAYS!! And Liv is still unconscious... the doctor said it shouldn't have lasted more than a few hours... he said that 3 DAYS AGO!! This is still all my fault. I put her in this position. I made her hurt herself. I hurt her...

I haven't left this hospital room at all in the past 3 days (except to use the bathroom). The guys have been telling me I need to get out, eat something, or do SOMETHING, but I don't want to. I wont leave until Liv does.

They've been going to school, but coming here every morning before and afternoon immediately after. Daniel has stayed the night here, but he's also gotten out and gone to school, gotten food, and gone home for a while. Me? I haven't done an of that.

I haven't seen my mom except for the few minutes she came here, I haven't gone to school, the guys have just been bringing me my homework, and I haven't left this room. I probably wouldn't have changed clothes, but Christina made me because she said I smelled too bad, so she brought me some.

I got up off of the couch (Daniel let me have it tonight because I've been sleeping on the chairs for the past 2 nights). I went over to Liv's bed and sat down next to her, like I do every day. I grab her hand and talk to her every day, waiting for her to wake up. I keep hoping it's the day... but it never is...

I'm really hoping today's the day though. I grabbed her hand and gave her a hug today. I haven't been able to hold her in my arms for 3 days, and it's killing me. I haven't been able to kiss anything but her hand for 3 days. I usually start by apologizing again and again, but eventually start talking about every day stuff that we would talk about during lunch or something.

"Livy, I'm so sorry. Once again... this is all my fault. Please wake up. I love you soo much, and I'm beginning to lose hope... Please don't let me lose hope. I need you. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I cant lose you. I would gladly trade places with you right now. Oh, we got an A on our project by the way. Yeah, it was pretty great. And Jessica wanted to come by, but I wouldn't let her in. She doesn't deserve to be around you. Christina talked to her mom, so now she's back home in New York or something, so she wont bother us anymore. All of the guys come by every day. We all miss you so much. Especially Daniel. You were like a little sister to him. You were his best friend, and now he's just lost without you. Taylor's also pretty worried, but she had to go on some out of state trip or something, so she hasn't been able to stop by, but she misses you, and said to give you her love and everything. Oh, and don't forget about your band concert thing in like 2 weeks or something like that. I'm going to it, I promise. Anyways, I guess that's everything that's really been happening. Just know that I love you. Please wake up."

By now there were tons of tears streaming down my face. I cry every day when I talk to her. I just laid my head down on her bed and kept her hand in mine. I laid like this for about 30 minutes before I felt something. It was her. She just squeezed my hand! It was very soft, but I know what I felt.

"OH MY GOD LIV!!" I screamed. A couple doctors came running in. "SHE SQUEEZED MY HAND! SHE'S AWAKE!!"

"Really? Ok, well that's great! She's not awake fully, but she should be within less than an hour. Don't try and do anything until she's awake and fully conscious. Got it?" One of the doctor said.

"Got it." I didn't even care, as long as I got to see Liv awake again. I was smiling so big right now. I had to let everyone know, so I texted the group chat.

JACK:
"She's awake! She squeezed my hand, and the doctor said she should be fully conscious within an hour!"

DANIEL:
"YAYYYYYY MY BEST FRIEND IS OOOOKKKKK!!!"

ZACH:
"HEY, SHE'S MY BEST FRIEND!"

DANIEL:
"I CALL HER! SHE'S MINE! I GOT HER FIRST! COME AT ME BRO!"

CHRISTINA:
"Would you guys stop arguing over her? I mean, she's OBVIOUSLY my best friend!🙄😂"

JONAH:
"Exactly. All that matters is that my little sister is ok!🥰"

CORBYN:
"True. We'll be there as soon as school is out."

JACK:
"Ok great. And by the way, that was really entertaining to read😂"

I laughed at the guys. They were idiots, which is why I love them. They're honestly like brothers to me (and sister... with Christina). I went back over and grabbed Liv's hand again. I cant believe she's finally awake!

"Jack?" She mumbled.

"LIV!!" I yelled.

"Where am I? What happened? Where's Daniel?" She asked a bunch of questions.

"You're in the hospital. You cut yourself pretty bad. And all the other guys are at school. I haven't gone since you've been here. I'm so sorry this is all my fault. I love you so much." I felt tears coming to my eyes but I just wiped them away.

"How long have I been here?"

"3 days."

"WHAT?!" She yelled and tried to sit up, but I didn't let her.

"No, lay down. You're still too weak. You cant get up until the doctor clears you, which should be like tomorrow or something."

"I cant wait until tomorrow. I have to get up. I've already missed too much." She tried to get up again, but once again, I wouldn't let her.

"No. The guys will be here later, and you're mom will probably come by after work, but for now, stay here. Do you want anything? Food, drink, phone?" I asked, realizing she hasn't had anything for 3 days.

"Yeah, uh, chick-fil-a, 3 piece chicken strips with fries and a coke. And my phone. I probably don't have very many notifications, but I should still probably check." I wrote everything down on my phone so I wouldn't forget.

I just texted Daniel to get the chick-fil-a on his way here. I've had Liv's phone with me the whole time, but I haven't looked at anything, in case there was anything she didn't want me to see. Not that she would hide anything, but still, I have to respect her privacy. I handed her phone and she smiled as she read the group texts. Then her smile dropped. I looked at her phone, and mine did too.

Not this again...