Prison Break

ELLA

"This is where you'll be staying for the time being. That is until your living arrangements are changed." Fiers said.

I looked around the apartment. It was not to big, not to small, white walls, nice and clean. The furniture and decorations were black and white, and only that. I smiled as I ran my fingers over the edge of the black and white checkered coffee table. I turn and walk towards the big glass windows.

I had a beautiful view of the city. I could see Time Square. And most importantly, The Oscorp tower.

"And when they do change, where will I be living then?" I asked.

"It's a surprise."

I kept myself from pouting. I turn around and face Fiers.

"I hate surprises. I like to know things, I need to know." I say.

"Everything you need to know for now is in this."

Fiers placed a file on the small coffee table. I grabbed the vanilla folder, flipping it open.

"Aleksei Mikhailovich Sytsevinch,"

I read the name that was printed on the criminal record sheet, underneath his mugshot. He was a bald man with a bob wire tattoo that wen't around his head.

"Age blah, Height, Eye color, blah, blah, blah...stole an Oscorp truck full of plutonium, was stopped by Spider-man then got arrested. Now incarcerated. Oh, and is trigger happy."

I close the file and place it back on the table.

"He looks like a keeper. I guess this is my task for today?" I say.

"And I want it done right away."

"Yes, sir."

"Don't forget, dress to impress. There are new clothes in the closet for you. A car is waiting downstairs outside when your ready to go. And don't forget to smile."

[][][][][][][][][][][][]

I walked down the gloomy gray hall, being escorted by two prison guards. My heels clicking against the floor. I wore a black suit with a white button up shirt. My hair put back into a neat bun. We stop in front of a big metal door with a keypad on side. One guard goes up and puts in the code and the door opens. I walk in alone, the door closed behind me. Sat at a table in the middle of the room in chains was The Russian Mobster.

"Aleksei Sytsevinch. You looked more intimidating in your photo."

"Who are you?" He asks, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Where are my manners. My name is Ella. And I'm here to make you a deal."

I sit down in the other seat provided. I put one leg over the other, watching him from the other side of the table. I gave a smile.

"A deal? Little girl wants to make deal with Aleksei Sytsevinch?" His acent was very thick.

I kept my smile from falling by making it bigger.

"Yes." I said, ignoring the fact that he called me little. If he only knew what I could do.

"What kind of deal?"

"One you wouldn't want to refuse. I want to help get you out of prison."

"You? Get me out? Ha! How you make that happen, hm?"

He leaned back in his chair. I leaned forward in mine. Clasping my hands in front of me on the table.

"A team of highly trained men are ready to bust you out of here at any moment, on my command. When you get out you'll be given some machinery from Oscorp industries that I think you'll take liking too."

I pulled out my phone from my jacket pocket and pulled up a picture of the Rhino looking metal suit. Even though his facial expression was blank I could see the spark of interest as he looked at the photo.

"You can have it. Take it. Cause all the chaso you want now that Spider-Man is gone. Just give me your word. All I want-and what my boss wants is one thing in return."

"What?"

"Your allegiance. Join us. You'll be apart of something big."

He put on a thinking face. At least I think it was a face. I put my phone away.

"Now that Spider-man is gone, the city will never be the same. Of course you've probably heard all about that from the news. Crime rates have gone up. And the poilce can't handle all the bad guy's by theirselves without their favorite web-slinger."

There was a knock on the door, telling me that my visitation was over. I stood up from my seat.

"This offer is available until I walk out that door. So I would think quickly." I tell him.

When he says nothing I walk to the door and lift my hand to knock.

"Wait!"

I look over my shoulder.

"Aleksei Sytsevinch is in."

I looked back at him and smiled.

"Just the words I wanted to hear." I say.

Once I knock the door automatically opened for me and I stepped out of the room and walk down the hall. A guard walks pass me and I rub my ear. He glance at me, nods his head then brush off his shoulder. 1 minute until boom. When I got back outside I got into the waiting car, and the driver took off down the road. I took out my phone and pressed the only contact on it. After the first ring he answers.

"I take it went well." Fiers voice comes from the other line.

"Very well." I say.

"Good. I'll tell my assailant the news."

"If I may ask...who is this assailant?"

"You'll find out soon enough. We'll be in touch."

The line went silent. I put my phone to the side of me and relaxed back into my seat. It wasn't long until I heard a loud explosion, and an alarm going off from the prison far behind.

"Where to now, miss?" The driver asked politely.

"Now, we're going to vist my big brother."