The Baker's Youngest Son

Peeta Mellark! I WAS TO MARRY PEETA MELLARK!

Peeta is a WIMP! Sure he's a star wrestler! Sure he's strong! He can carry one-hundred pound sacks of flour! But he's STILL A WIMP!

He's nice and all but he has no backbone! In EVERY class that we have together all he does is STARE AT ME!

He stares at me with a goofy and dreamy look on his face.

Little did I know then that his father told him about "The Arrangement" .

The deal that his father and my mother made a few years ago.

The deal that would change my life, whether I wanted it to or not.

I CHOOSE NOT!

She has no right! How dare she make a decision about MY life! In a TWISTED way I know that she wants me not to be like her! To be miserable, distraught and detached from the world when my coal miner husband dies!

But it's MY LIFE! THANK YOU VERY FUCKING MUCH MOTHER!

If I CHOSE to marry, it would be MY DECISION!

Maybe I would marry Peeta, if I wanted to. But as I ranted before, Peeta is nice and all but he's not a man who takes action.

I WISH the next day after he gave me the bread and endured a thrashing from his WITCH of a mother, he talked to me!

If he talked to me, instead of looking at me with that goofy expression on his face, maybe I wouldn't think that our parents' arrangement was so bad.

I have a take charge attitude. I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO DOMESTICATE ME! If I married ANYONE, I WOULDN'T want to be stuck doing housework, having babies, agreeing with EVERYTHING that my husband says and worse of all WEARING A DRESS!

I feel that if I married Peeta, I would have to work at The Bakery with The Witch, popping out a Baby Mellark every year or so, batting my eyes and saying, "Yes Peeta and no Peeta!" Or EVEN WORSE saying, "Whatever you say, Peeta!". And of course WEARING A FUCKING GOD DAMNED DRESS!

My mother was happy with my father. He encouraged her to start a healing practice, he was happy with my sister and me and NEVER COMPLAINED about NOT having a son, she had her own opinions and he respected her for them and if she DIDN'T wanted to wear a dress then so be it but she wore dresses and still does.

They say that girls marry men that are like their fathers.

If I married, I would marry a man that wants me to be independent and still be by his side, ADORE the children that I bare him, NO MATTER WHAT THEIR GENDER, have my own opinions and appreciate when I stick to them and most important of all, IF I WANT I CAN WEAR PANTS!

If Peeta Mellark was more of a man of action. Then I would marry him.

I WANT a man like my father!

Someone who can make me happy about myself and, even if if it's a short time like my parents had, about each other for the rest of our lives!

I WANT Gale Hawthorne!