𝐗𝐗𝐗. TWO DOWN

Start from the beginning

He cut me off, "Our parents cast the patronuses."

"Harry, you're parents are-" Hermione tried lightly.

"Dead, I know." He said quickly. "I'm just telling you what I saw."

"Giovanna, you were there too. What did you see?" Hermione asks me, wanting me to talk some sense into Harry.

"I- I don't know." I shrugged. Hermione huffed. I glanced at the whomping willow. "Get down, here we come!"

We quickly ducked behind some branches as Harry, Hermione, Sirius, Ron, Lupin, Pettigrew, and I came out from under the tree.

We watch as we all stand, talking. Harry was studying Sirius, him, and I. He taps Hermione's shoulder and points to us. "You see us talking to Sirius? He's asking us to come live with him."

"Really?" Hermione looks at us with wide eyes. I nod.

"When we free him, Harry will never have to go to the Dursley's again. I, on the other hand, have some thinking to do. I can't just leave the Weasley's." I explain. Hermione nods understandingly.

"I'll tell him I'd like to live somewhere in the country." Harry trails off wistfully, "I think he'd like that, after all those years in Azkaban. We don't need a big place. And Giovanna and I can help him."

Just then, a howl pierced the night. We all glanced toward the Willow. The shadowy forms of ourselves scattered about, panicked. I noticed the figure of Snape, who shielded our past selves.

"It's happened. Lupin's transformed. "

Harry growled. "Which means Pettigrew is slipping safely into the night. While we just stand here..."

A fierce growling was heard as twin silhouettes- the dog and the werewolf- bounded into the tall grass. Harry watched himself appear, hurling the stick as before. My past self ran after him. The werewolf turned, and began to stalk towards him.

Another howl rang out, this time from behind us. I whipped around to see Hermione cupping her hands around her mouth and howling like Lupin.

"Stop!" I shouted through clenched teeth. "Are you insane?" I whisper-shouted.

"What are you doing?" Harry cried.

"Saving both of your lives." She glares at us, and howls again. Lupin hesitated, then backed away from past Harry, Sirius, and I.

"Bloody fantastic. Now he's after us." I tried, but Harry and Hermione had already grabbed my arms as we dashed away.

Lupin was now running after us. We hurried behind one of the largest tree trunks, steadying our breaths to keep quiet. Lupin appeared on the other side of the tree. We silently sidestepped around the trunk in the opposite direction, then slowly turned to be met with-

Lupin.

Harry quickly stood protectively over Hermione and I as we turned, bracing for impact, but it never came. Buckbeak jumped in front of the werewolf, making Lupin back down and chase him off.

Hermione grinned, "Buckbeak, you're a lifesaver!"

I looked after the Professor,  who was hurrying away. "Yeah... but poor Professor Lupin is having a tough night."

"He'll be okay, he's done this before." Harry reassured me.

Just then, the leaves on the trees began to shake and goose bumps rose on my arms. Harry and I shared a terrified look.

Dementors. We both said in our heads.

"We have to get to the lake- come on!" I exclaimed. We all hurried down the forest path until we arrived on the platform of ground that carried out to the lake. Across the water (that was being covered with ice) lie Harry, Sirius, and I. The dementors were arriving.