𝐗𝐕. QUIDDITCH MATCH

CHAPTER FIFTEENQUIDDITCH MATCH

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
QUIDDITCH MATCH

§ § §

Since the Gryffindor team only has one seeker this year, I was told that I was to come to the match and just be there as Harry's "understudy" in case something happened. I only agreed because it made sense- I've been to all of their practices and I know how they play. So I reluctantly stepped out of the changing room wearing the crimson red Gryffindor quidditch robes.

"Red suits you." Harry grins.

"Brings out your beautiful eyes."
"And your gorgeous face." Fred and George taunt me. 

I push them both, "Oh, shove off, the both of you."

When they finally went away I could really take in the weather. We were told there was going to be a little rain, but it was coming down in sheets. I bit my lip, nervous for the teams playing today.

Madam Hooch blew her whistle to signal for the teams to come out. Harry looked at me, the nerves clearly showing. "Hey!" I exclaimed over the noise of the wind and rain, "You'll be fine! Best seeker of the century. And if something does happen to you," I held up my Nimbus 2000, you'd bet your arse I'll be there."

Harry nods and grins, then hurries out onto the field with the rest of his team. I saw Madam Hooch's mouth form the words, "Mount Your brooms.., " Madam Hooch put her whistle to her lips and gave it a blast that sounded shrill and distant. They were off.

The two teams instantly rose up, as Cedric swiftly searched for the Snitch. Harry, who was being slightly blown off course, tried maintaining control. The Weasley Twins sent bludgers flying around, nearly hitting their targets. For Harry, it seemed it was getting harder and harder to hold his broom straight. The sky was getting darker, as though night had decided to come early. Twice Harry nearly hit another player, without knowing whether it was a teammate or opponent, it seemed.

With the first flash of lightning, came the sound of Madam Hooch's whistle. The teams separated, and huddled together. I quickly ran out to join the Gryffindor team. "Harry, we're winning. But it won't last long you've got to get that snitch." Wood was saying.

"I'm trying to, but I can't see with these useless things." Harry sighed, annoyed, and wiped his glasses free of water on his robes.

"Harry!" Someone exclaimed. We all turned to see Hermione running over. "I've got a spell that'll fix your glasses." She quickly cast a spell I didn't know. "They should be resistant to water now." 

"Well, let's see." I say, take a sip of my water, and then spit on Harry's face. He scowls, but his glasses remain unbothered. "Case closed." I nodded at Hermione. She nodded too, then quickly went back to her spot in the stands.

With the sound of the whistle, the game began again.

Hermione's spell had definitely done the trick. Harry was undoubtedly still numb with cold, still wetter then he'd ever been in his life, but he could see. Full of fresh determination, Harry soared through the turbulent air, staring in every direction for the snitch, avoiding a bludger, ducking beneath Cedric as he flew the opposite direction.