"Hey, [Y/N], you should come with us!" Kairi offered out of the blue, as you ceased your twirling, a light giggle escaping your lips from the entertainment you brought yourself.

"Oh, as much as I want to accept, Destiny Islands is my home and I can't just leave everyone who cares about me. . ." You turned down the idea gently, seeing the girl's face fall.

"I'm sorry. . ." You rubbed your arm awkwardly, as Kairi nodded, Sora didn't seem to mind all that much, he respected your choice and he knew he'd decline as well if someone he had barely known an hour offered him to run away. 

"It's just. . ." Kairi started. "Riku and Sora outnumber me, and it'd be fun to have a girl in our group, so I could talk about things I like with that girl." She clasped her hands together in a disappointed manner.

You felt for her, and you'd more than anything, love to grow closer with her as that was one of your goals in life, but her offering you to run away with them was too soon. How had they been okay with leaving everyone of their close ones behind? How would they even survive in other worlds without knowing what it had in store for them? 

Your thoughts were interrupted when you heard a youthful male voice call out for your new friends. 

"Sora! Kairi!" 

You watched a tall, attractive, muscular teenager with pale skin and turquoise blue eyes with silver hair approach the three of you. He wore a vest that had a yellow collar and was yellow in the front and black on the sides and back. The vest had two black crisscrossing straps that went over his chest and on his upper back that were trimmed with white and had a white stud on each end. Just above each of the male's wrists were tight black bracelets and on his hands were black and gray gloves that reached just to the base of his thumb. He wore a black belt with a silver rectangular buckle high on his waist which secured his dark blue-gray pants. His pants were mostly covered by blue wading pants held up by black straps almost identical to the ones on his vest, except they were each layered and had more studs, as well as not being crisscrossed. The wading pants were tightened at the ankle with small black belts. His shoes were white and blue, with some yellow strings on the inner sides, some of which crisscrossed each other. The shoes each had two black straps with white trim and gray soles.

"Aren't you guys forgetting about me?" A smirk plastered on his face as he held a large wooden chunk. 

"And who's this?" His bright eyes caught your [E/C] ones (which had heart shaped pupils), intimidating you a bit by how bright and alluring they were. 

You were about to greet yourself politely when Kairi interrupted and hopped in front of you. "Hi, Riku!" She gushed. Anyone could practically see the hearts in her eyes. Kairi had a hopeless crush on the boy a year older than her. He had always treated her like a sibling although she had always made it clear she saw and wanted more. 

"That's [Y/N]." Sora introduced, furrowing his eyebrows as he saw Kairi staring at the silver haired boy.  Riku nodded towards you as a way of saying hi. 

"Name's Riku." He winked at you, catching you by surprise as you felt your cheeks heat up. 

Though Riku would never admit it, you were the most beautiful girl he had seen, in fact, you were the most beautiful girl everyone had seen. The only human with heart-shaped pupils, and the fact that your eyes were much more detailed than every other human on Destiny Islands amazed everyone who encountered you.

No human ever had heart-shaped pupils, but you did. You never thought too much of it, you hadn't even known you were that special. 

Riku continued on with his day, turning his attention to the two of his best friends. "Looks like i'm the only one working on the raft." He gave a hopeless smile. 

Yes, the three of them had been working on the raft no one was aware of for weeks now. They nearly finished and soon they would head off into the ocean of wonder and see what laid beyond the horizon. 

He trudged forward, walking past you and tossing the heavy log over to Sora, who tumbled over and yelped by the sudden weight. 

You couldn't help but go into a fit of giggles, Kairi joining along. It wasn't until Riku approached her she ceased her laughing, as he placed his hands on his hips. "And you're just as lazy as he is!" His eyes flickering to hers, Kairi not failing to notice. 

Were they really going to leave the island and everyone they formed a relationship with behind? Even their own parents? What about you? They hadn't known you for very long and were already planning to leave. You felt a sudden surge of loneliness, you had wanted to know more about these people as they seemed like good friends you could easily find joy hanging out with. You felt a bit of disappointment knowing their time to leave was arriving sooner than you thought and you'd only have limited time with them. 

"So you noticed!" She haughtily declared, placing her hands behind her back. "Okay, we'll finish it together!"

She enthused, receiving exhales and groans from the two boys. 

"I'll race you, Kairi!" You jumped in, seeing the disappointed look on your friend's face. You decided you would spend as much time with them as you could before they set off the island. For there was nothing you could do to stop them as they had been pondering over the idea for a while now.

"READY?" She shouted, as you nodded, getting into a stance. 

"GO!" She shouted, as you began running as fast as you could. Imagining little creatures were chasing you and you were to avoid them. You weren't very fast on your feet, but you were quick to help others out when it was necessary. 

"Pfft, they're so slow. We can beat them, right?" Riku nudged Sora, who groaned. "Aw, come on, Riku, i'm tired." He laid back on the sand, before feeling the salty taste of it in his mouth. He spat a few times. 

"Hey!" 

"Winner gets to share a paopu fruit with the new girl!" Riku shouted behind him, hinting to you, wanting to irritate Sora as he was already planning to be good friends with you. Sora's eyes widened as he leaped up, running as fast as he could to catch up with Riku. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───