10 years.

January 27. 10PM. On the dot. Hwang Minhyun leaves his car and closes its door, making sure to lock it before walking towards the front lawn of his house. He stops in his tracks to open his mailbox. It's a monthly routine for Minhyun to open them at the end of the month, at 10PM to be exact, after work. The rest of the weeks of the month are checked and monitored by his family.

It was the usual mails you would expect from. The monthly bills. Promotion leaflets. Even school fees. What was unusual was a handwritten letter specifically sent to Hwang Minhyun.

Hwang Minhyun. To be read by recipient only. In black ink.

He strolls to his patio while still looking at the letter for him. He stops, sighing as he remembered about the other mails that he had forgotten to take out along with the mysterious letter. He contemplated whether to turn back and get the other mails or to get them later; after reading the peculiar letter. The dark-haired man shakes his head and proceeds to the patio. He sits down comfortably before roughly opening the sealed letter.

"hwang minhyun! it's been a while. i hope i write the correct address or i'm really screwed.

have you had a nice day? oh gosh, i really hope you read this when the day has ended or i'm really gonna be embarrassed.

remember me, hwang minhyun? i admired you a lot then. you haven't forgotten, right?

you made me smile with your laughter alone. you made me feel better just by your presence. you didn't forget me, right?

anyway, i missed you. remember the last day we saw each other? i told you everything. i had leukemia. but i've been discharged from the hospital and i'm already in remission! it's actually been a while. i just didn't know how to contact you. i wasn't even sure if i dared to contact you. i mean, for what, right?

it's kim naeun, by the way, if you still haven't figured it out.
i'm around for three weeks. want to meet up?
you can e-mail me... or is that too old-fashioned?
just call me, yeah? xxx

kim naeun,
...your old admirer"