As I opened the door, I heard curse words and screaming coming from every direction. I thought it was Serene and mom going at it again but it was definitely a deeper voice.

"YOU THINK IM FUCKING STUPID? YOU MESSING WITH THOSE BUM ASS NIGGAS ON MY TERRITORY SINDY?"

"NO CALVIN. HOW MANY TIMES AM I GOING TO E-EXPLAIN T-THAT HE ONL-LY DROPPED ME OFF." My mom raised her voice equally only she slurred a word or two.

I was starting to think that she'd developed that slurred speech impediment from drinking so much. She looked a little vibrant today as she had on jeans, a shirt and some matching earrings. For once she looked like the mom that I knew.

"MY ASS. YOU ALSO TOLD ME THOSE GROWN ASS KIDS WERE YOUR NIECES. WHY IS JOHN TELLING NE THAT THOSE ARE YOUR KIDS." The man yelled in face damn near spitting.

"J-JOHN DOESNT KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE'S TALKING ABOUT. WHEN DID I TELL YOU THAT THEY WERE MY NIECES?"

Mom rushed up on him and the man backhanded the hell out of her sending her into the kitchen.

I didn't know how to react at first but I just reacted.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY MOM." I threw the nearest object at the man which landed right in the middle of his back.

It obviously got his attention but you could tell that the little object did nothing to affect him.

"You little bitch."!He charged at me aggressively.

He grabbed my hand twisting it and I yelped out in pain.

"LET GO OF MY CHILD BITCH." I heard my mom scream and he let up.

"LYING ASS BITCH. YOU TOLD ME THAT WAS YOUR NIECE." He went back to arguing with my mom.

"TO H-HELL WITH Y-YOU CALVIN. DO NOT TOUCH MY CHILD."

I saw a different side of my mom come out. I had heard her stuttering all day but she never once stuttered when she told Calvin not to touch me. She pounced on him the first moment she got biting his arm.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH." He yelled out in pain.

He threw her across the room before turning towards me and slapping the taste out of my mouth. I yelped out in pain.

"SUMMERELLA RUN." Mom tried to warn but it was too late.

"I'll show you how we deal with prissy kids like you in the hood." He gritted tearing my blouse as I fought back swinging in every direction.

"GET OFF OF HER." My mom screamed even though she was wedged between the floor and couch.

"Let go." I whispered. He had a deathly chokehold around my neck where I couldn't even breathe or speak. I was gripping his hands to let go but I could feel my airways closing.

"Shut up stupid bitch."

I let out a series of noiseless screams and kicks praying that the neighbors would be alarmed by the sudden commotion or something.

"And you'll never see another day IF YOU EVER TOUCH MY SISTER AGAIN BASTARD."Serene hit Calvin with a fry pan over and over until I could see that he was unconscious.

He let go and I fell to the ground panting like I'd just finished running a relay race. I felt like I would cough up my lungs at any moment.

"LOOK W-H-HAT YOUVE DONE. HAVE YOU L-LOST YOUR MIND?" My mom sobbed as she held the side of her face on the ground.

"The j-jury will indict you for murder." I could hear the lawyer side of my mom coming out.

"Look at me Summer." Serene held my face. I looked at her with a terrified look. One that she had seen before.