Prologue: Deal or No Deal

Jordan’s P.O.V

          “Let’s go man! Party at Harvey’s!” Isaac yelled.

          I laughed at him. “I’m going as fast as I can! Why are you riding with me, anyway? Did you crash your car or something within the past ten minutes?” I asked.

          “No, but instead of wasting my gas, I figured I’d just waste yours, “he said, a smile on his face as he leaned against the locker.

          “Thanks” I rolled my eyes.

          “You’re welcome” he said cheekily.

          I closed my locker door and turned to him, “Let’s go” I said.

          “Shotgun!” he yelled, running out to my truck.

        “You’re going to be the only other person in the car with me, of course you’re shotgun” I called as I calmly walked to my car.

          “Ay, good game!” Michael, one of our basketball teammates said.

          “Thanks, man. You going to Harvey’s?” I asked.

          “Yeah, I’m headed over there with Matt and Lucas” he said.

          “Alright, man, I guess I’ll see you over there” I said.

          “Later, bro” he said, clapping me on the back. I walked out towards my truck. I could see Isaac head banging to some song. It looked like he was singing along to whatever song was on. I shook my head and laughed, he’s a strange one, that’s for sure. I opened my door only to have my ears bombarded by Isaac’s shrieks, or as he likes to call it, singing.

          ‘Party rock is in the house tonight!” he yelled along with the radio. I turned the volume and he gaped at me. “How could you? That was my jam!”

          “You can jam at Harvey’s” I said and he pouted. “Plus you suck at singing” I said, as I began to drive the short drive to Harvey’s house.

          He gasped, “My mom loves to hear me sing!” he defended.

          “No, trust me, she doesn’t” I said flatly.

          “Yes, she does, she even wears headphone’s when I sing for better acoustics” he said.

          I began laughing so hard I almost had to pull over. “You’re so dumb sometimes. It makes me wonder how you’re in advanced dual credit classes” I said.

          “You know all the teacher’s love me. Plus there’s a lot of hotties in those classes.”

          “Like who ‘Francesco Four Eyes?’” I asked, making a disgusted face as I thought of her. Francesca was a girl in our class who wore an extremely thick set of glasses, a mouthful of braces, and messy unkempt red hair. Normally, I wouldn’t make fun of girls, but she was exceptionally rude and nasty towards people, even those who tried to be nice. Everyone had given up on being nice, and instead tried to avoid her nasty attitude.

          “No, but there’s this one chick, she’s in most of my classes. I forgot her name, I think it starts with a ‘J’ or something. She’s seriously amazing” he said, a faraway look in his eyes.

          “Lucky you, smart boy. I’ll stick with the girls who won’t ask me to tell them the square root of pi just to get them in bed with me” I joked.