Part 22- Hide And Seek

Start from the beginning

Adria placed her hands on the panicked girl's shoulders "Maia. Listen to me. This is Sofia we're talking about. I'm sure she's just fine." 

 A tear slipped out of Maia's eye "But after last time Ad....what if she freezes up? What if she gets hurt? I-I wouldn't be able to live with myself-" 

 Adria shook her head "No. Maia. She won't freeze up. Not when she's so close to finishing this. You know she won't. Now that we've got them, King's as good as dead. It's just a matter of time until she actually is." 

 Maia shook her head as if it regain herself, and Cage held the assassin's gaze "I swear I won't slow you down. I want to find her too." She told them. 

Maia nodded nodded and took a deep breath, calming herself. "Then we can't waste anymore time. We need to go now." 

Adria put an arm around Cage "Here, you can lean against me for now until you regain yourself." Cage smiled "Thanks." 

 "Don't mention it." The assassin replied. 

Together, the three of them started down the long corridor. As they walked in on, Cage sent a silent prayer to whatever Gods might be listening. 

Please. Let him be safe...

(MacGyver POV)

MacGyver crept through the halls, silently scolding himself for actually agreeing with his sister and leaving her there to fend for herself. As much as he disliked the girl, it hadn't felt right. 

He had debated turning back, but he figured that Sofia was probably right and it would be much faster to get rid of them if they went their separate ways. 

But still...There could be more if them....I need something that can take out more than one at a time, and My gun isn't going to cut it. 

Looking around, Mac spotted a bottle of air freshener and a lighter scattered on the floor near each other among some wire and other debris. 

It seemed like someone else may have had the same idea. Without wasting any time, He picked up the materials and began to place the wires together inside the bottle, making a home made air freshener grenade.

(Jack POV)

(I told you I didn't forget about him)

Jack looked around in satisfaction at the Ophidia members being taken into custody, but he couldn't help but feel uneasy. The other two heads were still out there. This wasn't over yet. 

"Welp. We got them Riley." He said, looking over his shoulder. 

However, his heart stopped when he realized that Riley wasn't there. 

"Riley?" He asked in a panicked voice. 

"She not here." A deep voice came from his left. 

Jack turned towards the sound and saw a tall lanky young man in a black jacket walking towards him. Jack tensed at the sight of the newcomer, but relaxed when he say a red bird made out of flame embroidered on his jacket. The Firebird's symbol. 

"Firefly has her. Don't worry. She's safe." 

 Jack shook his head. "Doesn't matter. The other two are still out there. We need to find them." 

The boy nodded "I agree. If anything happened to Spider...we can't lose Firefly too." "What's your name kid?" Jack asked. 

"Alan." The assassin said after a moment of conflicted silence. 

Jack looked him up and down "Is there anyone else with you?" 

 Alan looked over his shoulder "Ace!" he called.