Breakfast ended shortly after and the girls met up with the other four as they walked to Charms class together. They all picked up on Hermione and Ginny's annoyance, but they weren't quite sure what happened.

"What's going on?" Blaise asked finally, unable to take Ginny's silent glaring at the floor anymore.

The two girls looked at each other before Hermione looked up and said, "Harry and Ron decided to write to us."

"Oh no," Pansy muttered under her breath.

Draco and Blaise both nodded, their faces hardening as Draco asked, "What did they want?"

"Oh you know," Ginny answer angrily. "Just for us to break it off with the two of you and go back to them."

Blaise rubbed his face in frustration and asked, "How likely are they to push for that?"

"You know them, they're nearly as stubborn as we are," Ginny said. Then she sighed deeply and took Blaise's hand, leaning against his shoulder. "It's nothing we can't handle though."

"I know." He leaned down to kiss the top of her head as they entered the classroom, reluctantly separating as they took their seats.

Hermione spent the rest of the day debating whether or not to even write back to Ron. Deep down she knew she would have to or else he would continue to bother her about it, and she wanted to end whatever attempts he was going to make quickly.

After their final class, she went straight to the library with Draco shortly behind her. Right before they entered the library he pulled her off to the side and gently pulled her against him in an attempt to calm her down.

They stood there silently for a few moments before she buried her face into his robes and said in a muffled voice, "I just can't believe he would start this now. I thought it was over."

Draco sighed and put his chin on the top of her head. "I know. But at the same time, I'm here to help you through this. And I have a feeling he'll come around eventually."

"Eventually, yes." She turned her head and looked off to the side. "But who knows when 'eventually' will actually be."

She felt him shift slightly and then kiss the top of her head. "Hopefully soon. But try not to worry about that right now; you have finals to study for."

Pulling away, she smiled up at him and let him lead her into the library. It was comforting having him to ground her whenever she let her thoughts get to be too much, especially since he was just as focused on his grades as she was her own.

They found their regular table in the back corner of the library and he went to grab books for the two of them, giving her time to write out a quick letter.

Ron,

I'm not leaving Draco. I'm sorry, but we can only be friends from here on out, and you're going to have to accept that. Also, do not get onto Ginny about being with Blaise. If you saw the two of them together, you'd understand why she's with him. They are extremely happy together, and you better leave them be.

I miss you and Harry as well, and I hope Auror training goes well for the both of you. Give my love to the Weasleys and tell them that I will write them soon!

Hermione

Satisfied with the letter, she folded it up and placed it in the front pocket of her bag as Draco appeared with a stack of books in his arms.

"I think you're rubbing off on me," He grumbled when he set the books down as quietly as he could.

Hermione giggled and grabbed one of the books from the top and smiled at him. "Is that such a bad thing?"