Chapter 14

They were walking back towards their place of stay in a hurry. As if some power was chasing them from behind. Some evil power that was gaining more strength with each passing second! The clouds gradually started spreading, the winds blowing through the dense pine forests creating a whisteling sound. The sun that was shining bright over head got blanketed by a thick layer of clouds.

Naina jaldi chalo.. hume Morgan Housa tak pauchna hoga jaldi. Warna pura bhig jayenge. Lagtha hai its gonna rain soon… said rajveer increasing his speed.

Ha Raaj… chal to rahi hoon..isse zyada tez mujhse aur chala nahi jayega.said Naina panting. Raaj hum uphill chal rahe hai..and its really tough!

Aap log kaha se ho? A sudden female voice made them turn their heads back. It was a girl in the early twenties, who was standing by the side of the road.

Tum…tum kaun ho? Asked naina out of surprise.tum kaha se aayi? Hum toh abhi abhi waha se guzre. Tab toh tumhe dekha nahi.. confusion still prominent in her voice.

Hello.. im Rosy Thapa..the girl smiled and extended her hand towards Naina for a hand shake. The girl had all together a different aura around her that attracted Naina and Rajveer towards her all the more. The fair smiling face.. the slant in her eyes the silky black long straight ironed hairs, the lean tall figure in blue denim and pink hoodie, the bag on her back , the thin knife her left hand fingers held, all made it clear that she was a college student and may be she was a localite.

Hi, im Lieutenant Naina Singh Shekhawat. Naina said as she met her hands with hers. He is my husband Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat..Naina introduced Rajveer and they exchanged smiles.

Yeh iski haath itni thandi kyu hain? Naina thought as she removed her hands from Rosys grasp. But she didn’t pay much heed to it.

Woah.. army! Rosy exclaimed.. good good… she smiled. Her white teeth dazzled Rajveer Naina both.

Tumne bataya nahi tum kaun ho? Yaha kaise ayi and kar kya rahi ho yaha? Rajveer inquired again.

Who mai us pine tree k peeche thi jab aap log guzre yaha se. im a botany student. 3rd year Darjeeling Gov College. Kuch plant specimens collect kar rahi thi jab aap dono ko bhagte dekha.. laga kuch hua aap dono ko. Isliye peeche se bulake poocha. She said. Im sorry if ive disturbed you both. She explained.

Arey nahi nahi.. aisa kuch nai.. asal mein asman mein baadal chhaya hua hai. Isliye hum log jaldi wapis jaa rahe the take bheege na… naina said immediately to coverup Rajveers strict interrogation.

We are really happy meeting you. Haina Raaj? Naina signaled Rajveer to be normal looking at him. And then she continued… Sunsaan raaste mein koi toh mila jisse hum baat kar sake. Warna lag to aisa raha tha k pure downhill mein bus hum dono hi hai..

Ha Rosy.. its nice meeting enthusiastic youngstar like you. Rajveer smiled reluctantly.

Chaliye.. aage chalte chalte baatein karte hain… proposed Rosy..

Ha.. lets move…. Barish kabhi bhi aa sakti hain…. Rajveer added to Rosys point..

Nai… barish hogi nahi.. replied Rosy confidently as she moved ahead with them..

Tumhe kaise pata? Asked naina surprised.

Woh hume sab paata chal jaata hai… bohat dino se yaha hai na.. Rosy smiled again. So…. First time in dowhill? Rosy asked. Aap log kaha par ruke ho? She inquired further.