Chapter 1

Delicately setting down his cup of coffee, Jeongguk, a raven-haired boy let out a soft sigh through parted, chapped lips and stared out the window panes and onto the streets, with not as much by passers as this part of the city was a tad more secluded than the rest, which gave Jeongguk a feeling of ease and comfort.

Glancing back at the beverage before him, he took another sip of his bitter coffee and stared down a packet of sugar which lied on the oak round table, untouched. Normally, he'd always put sugar in his coffee, two packets even, but today he just felt the feeling of letting the bitterness displease his taste buds.

Seeing a student pass by with the same school uniform as him, he raised his eyebrows, why is he going to school on a weekend? 'Kid must've not checked the day,' he snickered.

Feeling a vibration in his pocket, he took out his phone and the screen displayed the name 'Hoseok'. Pressing the green answer button, he put the phone to his ear and murmured a soft hello.

"Jeongguk where the heck are you, it's almost class time and you're never this late!" the bright boy on the other side spoke, "Oh my gosh wait, are you sick? Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, Gukk stay at home I'll be there in a few!"

Rolling his eyes, the latter replied "No Hobi I'm just at a cafe, what do you mean class time? It's Sunday!"

Hearing a 'tsk' from the other line, a different voice spoke soon after. "Jeon Jeongguk, are you fucking kidding me? It's Monday, get to school right now!" the voice identified as Seokjin, scolded, followed by a soft 'hey don't swear' from Hoseok. He checked the calendar on his phone and realised it was indeed Monday.

'Fuck, shouldn't have left the house' the boy whined internally.

Checking the time, it was 8:50am and school didn't start until 9am.  Finally realising he was in his casual attire, he let out a huff as if he didn't leave now then there was a high chance he'd be late.

Scratch that, he will be late.

"Right I'll be there a bit later after the bell, tell the teacher I was helping some kid find his way to school or something, yeah?" the raven-haired groaned, his free hand clutching his dark locks to strong grip.

Quickly finishing off his cup of coffee and paying for it, he speed walked to the exit while packing everything up, not paying attention to his surroundings, causing him to bump into someone.

Startled, he looked up and saw a boy, who looked just above his age. Mumbling a soft 'sorry' the ravenette stood aside for him to enter and when he was about to leave, an arm wrestled him into a choke hold, and a pistol was delivered to his temple.

The younger stood there for a good 10 seconds in a pause but finally realised the events that are taking place afterwards and widened his eyes in fear.

"What the fuck dude, I said sorry!" the raven haired boy yelled in panic, the beating of his heart accelerating. Jeongguk knew not to move or else he could be potentially ending his life in the grip of this man. People in the small cafe became aware of what was happening and some ducked under the table while others were outraged.

Multiple cries were heard to leave the poor boy alone and others were slowly pulling out their phones to dial the police.

"Phone the police and this kid won't see daylight tomorrow," the brunette said, sharply gazing at all the phones in sight. Complying with slight hesitation, they abandoned their phones, fearing for the innocent boy's life.

The strong grip around his neck and shoulders made him uncomfortable and frankly, he was trying to improve his posture lately. "C-Could you please stop holding me like this, my posture is going to go all bad and all," the younger softly squeaked.

The brunette looked down at the latter and gave him a piercing sharp gaze, but still softened his grip. Jeongguk swore he felt the older's arm shaking but decided to shrug it off, thinking it was only his nervousness that's making him feel things.

"Pass me your wallet," the older demanded. "W-What?" the ravenette stuttered, his doe eyes widened.

"I said give me your wallet, now," he repeated louder. With shaky hands, he dug through his bag and reluctantly gave it to him. The older scanned the wallet and took out what seems to be the younger's student ID card.

"H-Hey! I need that for student discounts!" the ravenette cried out, his budget crying from all the banana milk he's bought. Jeongguk heard a deep chuckle but was quickly covered up, and he was shoved to the floor, not too harshly, in fact, there seemed to be a slight gentleness to his action which made the younger's face scrunch up in confusion.

Not being able to utter another word, the brunette dashed, leaving Jeongguk still on the floor as people were coming up to him to help him up but he just sat there, with waves of different emotions flooding within him.