39 | The Call

Sometimes, I can't tell the difference between what's right and what's wrong.

I've been supposedly brainwashed to believe that drugs and alcohol are bad. Always. As my brother told me, it makes me come off as a strict person. But it's not always easy for me to watch someone get drunk or high, or even be around those people. I get afraid.

In college now, he tells me that I should just drop it completely, because it doens't define a person or who they are. They could be a really nice person, and you might say something to the RA because they just did drugs and you're afraid. But you shouldn't say anything, no.

But is that really what I should have done?

This princess I room with is extremely religious, she always is so nice and kind (even though she can be very dependent on me and it gets annoying), and she just got high last night. She came back into our strict no intoxication dorm and started acting strangely. I sent an e-mail to the RA out of concern, not because I was trying to get her in trouble. And I specified that in the e-mail that this was out of concern for her health, since she's on some pretty powerful medications that could affect her if she gets herself high like this.

But really, was that should I have done?

She could get in a whole hell of a lot of trouble: possibly suspended from the school and kicked out of my dorm.

But if I didn't say anything...

Than she would keep going back and getting high with this shady kid that I've never really trusted since I met him. He always gets drunk, never takes anything seriously, and gets himself high before and after classes. He's been severely affected by it, and now if he gets her into it, it could cause her even more trouble that she's having now. I don't want that for her, even if she is a princess.

And to be honest, I don't want him to hurt her, or take advantage of her.

This time, it ends now. I want to save her before she falls.