Great Funerals

☂️

☂️

  The time to spread Reginald's ashes had finally come.

  Clad in a knee length black dress and heels, Katherine stood beside Klaus in the pouring rain for the funeral. They passed his cigarette back and forth waiting for it to start.

  Pogo hobbled up to Luther, "Whenever you're ready dear boy." He spoke with a small smile.

  In a severely underwhelming twist of his hand her father's ashes were dumped on the ground in a lame pile.

  Luther cleared his throat awkwardly, "Uh, Kat would you mind?" Katherine huffed and in one sweeping motion moved her hand from left to right.

  A breeze of wind hit the ashes and scattered them everywhere, "Thanks."
She nodded curtly and motioned for him to keep going. Seeing that none of them had anything to say – or at least nothing nice to say – Pogo spoke up.

  "In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master and my friend, and I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy–" Katherine was very much enjoying Pogo's speech that was rudely interrupted by Diego.

  "He was a monster. He was a bad person and even worse father. The worlds better off without him."

  Katherine stepped towards him, "Diego don't–" He turned to his sister swiftly almost knocking heads with her.

  "My name is Number Two, Thirteen." Luther, seeing Diego as a possible threat to his (let's be real, favorite) sister stepped forward and caught his attention.

  "You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had Mom do it." Grace perked up at the mention of her.

  "Would anyone like something to eat?" Katherine shot Vanya a look, to which Vanya nodded lightly.

  "No it's ok Mom." Grace's smile faltered but she nodded. Diego turned around to face Katherine, raindrops pouring down on him.

  "Look, you wanna pay your respects? Go ahead. But at least be honest about the kind of man he was."

  Luther made eye contact with Katherine, who vigorously shook her head no. "You should stop talking now."

  "You know, you of all people should be on my side here, Number One."  Diego turned once more and sized up with his much larger brother.

"I am warning you."

"After everything he did to you? He had to ship you a million miles away." Katherine slammed her hand on Diego's shoulder and twirled him around seeing his fuming face.

  "Shut the hell up Diego! Just stop!" Diego inhaled deeply before ripping himself out of her grip.

  "That's how much he couldn't stand the sight of you!" That's when they started swinging. Klaus tried to gently pull her behind him but stopped when she gave him a warning look.

  Five watched from the sidelines, rolling his eyes at their behavior and secretly hoping no harm would come to his Katherine. Pogo looked around desperately. "Boys! Stop this at once!"

  Katherine swayed forward and backwards debating on wether or not she should intervene, and her internal debate was interrupted by Klaus's cheers. "Hit him! Hit him!" She rolled her eyes at him.

  Katherine's eyes widened as her brothers went tumbling into Ben's statue watching helplessly as it broke into pieces. When he was alive Ben and Katherine were extremely close, and now that he was gone she'd grown attached to the statue.

  Her chest heaved up and down in panic. "Stop it! Just stop damnit!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. Her voice echoed through the courtyard and pierced her remaining siblings ears. She stormed up to Diego and sent a punch into his nose, satisfied with the sickening crunch.

  "Why couldn't you just leave it alone, huh?" She furiously wiped a tear from her face. "You haven't talked to any of us in years and the one time we needed that silence you couldn't keep your fucking mouth shut!" She screamed, pushing him back roughly.

  He held his nose in silence, the blood peaking through his gloves. Her umbrella was discarded on the ground, she now stood completely drenched which was a good thing because it hid her tears. Katherine took a deep breath and exhaled shakily.

  "Now you don't have anything to say?" Seeing that he wasn't going to respond she scoffed. "Alright then." She snatched her umbrella and walked towards the door, turning around when she heard Vanya yell.

  Katherine thrusted her hand out and stopped the knife just before it hit Luther and whipped it around. It soared towards Diego freezing as the tip touched his forehead.

  "God, you don't know when to stop do you?" The knife clattered to the ground and a rumbling sound was heard. The statue of Ben had rebuilt itself just as she flung the door open and walked back inside.

  "What a great fucking funeral."