3.Austria & Prussia: Treatment

Roderich coughed. Opening his eyes the light stung his pupils, his vision blurring. Blinking, it came back in focus.

    "Looks like you are alive after all." He heard a voice say.

   Sitting up from the bed he turned his direction towards the student that he saw wounded earlier. His wounds were treated and were wrapped with clean bandages, a stitch etched just above his eyebrow.

   "W-what happened?" Roderich asked hoarsely . His lips were dry and his throat felt sore.

Smirking, the student stood up from his own bed taking the glass of water from the counter he handed it to him.

    "You're weakness that's what. "

Roderich tentatively took the glass. Sipping the cool water he felt his stress enlighten.

      "What's your name?"

He looked up at him. They had a similarity in their accents but his was more german. Swallowing he answered.

      "Roderich, what's yours?"

       "Gilbert."

  Gilbert brushed back his hair, Roderich immediately noticed the drips of blood trickling from his stitch that was beginning to open. Getting up he stopped his fingers in place closely taking a look at the stitches.

       "Your stitch it's opening, I'll fix it, don't move."

Leaving him still, he shuffled through the cabinets and drawers until he found the kit. Ordering him to sit down he positioned himself in front of him.

Placing the thread delicately through the needle he began the process of stitching the gap together.

(Gilbert's Pov)

     Gilbert watched as Roderich's violet eyes were intently focused on the stitch. For the first time he didn't know what to say, his ego was replaced with awe on the person in front of him who's slim fingers were cold, yet gentle. He ignored the piercing point of the needle pinching into his skin.

      "There."

Finishing up Roderich placed the kit back in place,as he checked his watch.

      "I'm going to be late for practice."

     "Practice? Aren't you too uncoordinated for that?" Gilbert asked, feeling himself come back, a sneer smile forming in his lips.

Roderich glared.

     "Violin practice."

Adjusting his glasses he collected his satchel as headed for the door. Hand on the knob he paused glancing at Gilbert.

     "Thank you." With that, he left.