Chapter 11

Emma's P.O.V
The car ride to the mall was extremely awkward. I drove with River in the passenger seat, while the twins were in the back. Me and River stayed mostly silent but the twins went on and on about whatever they could think of.
"I can take Abigail to go get her a dress and you can take Alistair to the toy store," I told River as we got out of the car.
"But I wanna go to the toy store," Abigail whined, pulling on my hand.
"Let's just stay together okay?" River said and picked Alistair up.
"To the toy store!!!!" And we were off.

...a few hours later...

The sun began to set by the time we got back to the car. Over all hanging out with River all day wasn't that bad, it was actually kinda fun.
"Here you put them in their seats and I'll put the bags in the back," River said as he put Alistair down and took the bags I was holding.
The twins were both falling asleep as I put them in the car.
"There we go," I whispered to myself as I brushed Abigails hair back and shut the door.
When I looked back River was leaned against the car with an almost smile on his face. Oh does he look good like that.
"You okay?"
"Huh, um yeah," he walked to the drivers side.
"I'll drive".

The next morning I woke up in my room but I don't remember how I got there. I must've fallen asleep on the way back but that means... River must've carried me into the house, and gotten the bags and the kids. Maybe he actually cares about me, but that can't be.

Before I could think anymore about it the smell of cinnamon rolls cane into my room. I quickly put some lounge clothes on and made my way downstairs.

"Hey who's making breakfast?" I called as I reached the living room. On the couch sat Waylon.
"River," he said without even looking away from the t.v.
"Uh huh, who's actually making breakfast?"
"River, go look he's in there."
There's no way he would get up and make the kids brea... well holy shit it is River.

He sat there on the counter by the oven looking through his phone. Oh god he looks so good. I didn't just think that did I?

"Hey Emma, glad to see your up," Tara smiled.
"Nice to see you too, is there any coffee?" I questioned scanning the kitchen for it.
"Yeah Tara made you a cup it's over here," he'd finally looked up from his phone and pointed to a cup near him.
"Thanks," I grabbed it and walked over to the table by the twins.
I turned back before sitting down to find him already looking at me.
"And thanks for making them breakfast,"
"No problem, they wouldn't leave me alone unless I made them food." He grinned looking at his younger siblings. He's actually really cute when he smiles. Ugghgh I gotta stop thinking about him.

A/N
I'm sorry if this is a really shitty chapter. It's been so long since I've written for this book that I can't really get my place back as to how to continue it. I'll try updating but I'm not sure how often that will happen.
If you have any ideas on what should happen in the next chapter feel free to message me or comment!