Chapter 7

Emma's P.O.V

Me and the kids were eating dinner when River finally returned. He came in through the back door and went straight to his room.I picked up my plate and put it in the dishwasher.

"If you guys need anything I'll be in my room." they replied with okay's. Instead of going to my room I went to Rivers, I knocked twice with no answer. I walked in to find him shirtless in his bed on his phone.

"Can we talk?" He didn't reply so I sat at the end of his bed.

"We need to talk about wh..."
"Nothing happened okay! I don't like you"
"Well if nothing happened why are you so mad?"
"Just get out"
"Fine!"

I left his room and went straight to mine then immediately called my friend Ashley.

Few minutes into call

A; wow, you know why he doesn't like you right?

E; Yeah I know, because of Luke

A; probably, I have to go I'll call you later. Bye

E; bye

End of call

After I finished talking to Ash I went to check on the kids, who were all asleep. I then went back to my room and fell asleep, but before I did I heard River leave.

River and Luke's story

Ever since kindergarten Luke and River were inseparable, they did everything together. The reason they even new eachother was because of their dads. Their dads had started a business together "Barnes and Wayne Inc"  which was growing fast. Soon they were partnering with big companies.

As the business got bigger and bigger Johnny Wayne started drinking more and more. This soon caused him to slack on his part of the business. This caused David Barnes to sell the business behind Johnny's back. The name was changed to "Novo Co" and David was given the spot of CEO along with half of the earnings from selling the business.

Johnny was also given half but of course felt betrayed by his partner. This caused a rift in Johnny and Davids friendship as well as their sons.

After this Johnny became an even heavier alcoholic, which led to him and his wife fighting a lot. He had soon had enough and walked out on his family and never came back.

Ever since them River has blamed Luke and his family for his dad walking out.