|4| The Broken Few

By the way, the language later in the chapter is both a reference to, and something of importance to one of the characters in the story :3
***************************************

Seeing Steve being arrested caused something to rise up in me. I struggled against the 20 men who were holding me to get to Steve, an overpowered protective instinct kicking in. We were separately dragged into different cars as I struggled, a deep growl rumbling in my throat.

I was shoved into a car and before long I felt us moving. I fell silent and still, deciding to wait and watch what everything did, quickly learning what did what in the car. "Rumlow?"

My eyes snapped towards one of the soldiers as he spoke. 'So his name is Rumlow... good to know.' "What?"

"Should we blindfold her?"

"Why?" He seemed a tad annoyed at the question.

"We don't know what the serum did to her brain, plus I don't like the way she's looking at everything... almost analyzing..." 'Well you're not wrong. I'll give you that.'

I began to growl and thrash my head around as a cloth descended over my eyes. My head was roughly grabbed and held as the cloth was securely attached to the metal of the muzzle. The growl died down again, but it simply became soft as my ears swiveled around. I was listening to where things were in the car before silencing and lowering my head.

'Let's have a bit of fun shall we?' I felt one of the chains loosen slightly on my left side. My head whipped towards the looser chain and hit the person, yanking the other people on my right forward at the unexpected movement. I heard the pained noise from the man I had hit due to the heavy metal muzzle and couldn't help letting out a huff of amusement.

——Time skip : 1 hour——

I felt the car stop and my muscles tensed up in resistance to the tugging on the chains as the back of the car opened. I began to growl again as all of them pulled me out of the car in one effort. I could tell it was a struggle, I was over 200lbs of pure muscle and motherly anger at the men who had taken me from my home and torn my two closest friends away from me.

They struggled to get me to move into the building as I pulled against them at every opportunity. I couldn't smell anything due to the muzzle, but I felt the change in the floor material as we went into an odd metal room. I felt it move and the temperature dropped as we went further and further down.

We exited the tiny room and I heard footsteps coming closer, beginning to growl loudly and struggle against the chains again. They sounded like non-combat or really anything outdoor shoes, and he walked with an assuredness that only came from people of power. 'He must give the orders around here.'

"She's bigger than expected." His voice was filled with worry. 'Understandable, you took me from and hurt my family so you had better be scared of whether you can contain me or not.'

"She's about 5'8" at the top of her shoulder. If her head is up, we estimate around 6'. Combine that with an enhanced intelligence and we might have a problem." I softly growled at that and my fur began to bristle.

"How enhanced?"

"She learned how to crash the jet that was tasked to bring her in from only being on it once." Rumlow piped up and my tail wagged a tiny bit in satisfaction. "We think she can learn how to use or destroy something after only seeing it used once." 'Ding, ding, ding. Give the man a prize.'

"Come on, we need to make sure the asset is ready." A growl shot up in my throat at that word.

"The asset? If you're talking about Bucky I will murder you."