"I believe I have too," Veronica said, looking Rebekah up and down.

Was everything a lie? Was she only pretending to be her friend so she could get close enough and kill her and the baby?

Rebekah couldn't find it in herself to face Veronica, "You were absolutely right, Tyler. My brother is a crap enough individual as it is. The last thing he needs is to sire a superior species. Go on, you can tell them."

"She's not here to fight us. She's here to help us."

"That's right. But first..."

Rebekah sped forward, snapping Tyler's neck and watching as his body fell to the floor.

"That is enough talk about harming that baby. Klaus is the one we're putting a stop to."

Marcel gave his vampires a nod, and they all disbursed. The only ones left were Veronica, Marcel, Rebekah, and Alex.

Veronica shot out of her seat, storming past them. She didn't get far, seeing as once she tried to pass Rebekah, the blonde grabbed her arm.

"Let go of me!"

Rebekah immediately listened, loosening her grip and letting her arm fall to her side.

"I don't want to be associated with any of this. I didn't ask for any of this."

"Veronica, just hear them out-"

"No," She lifted a finger at Alex, "You tricked me, you don't get to tell me what to do."

Alex grimaced, but didn't try to fight her on it. He looked over at Marcel, who nodded at the door. Getting the hint, he sent Veronica one last apologetic look before leaving.

"Don't be mad at him, Veronica. We knew he was the only one who could get you here to listen."

"And what exactly did I just hear? That you're planning on killing Klaus? Killing me and my baby?"

"No harm will come to you and the baby, I swear it," Marcel said, his tone serious.

She looked over at Tyler's body.

"He kidnapped me. The kid I grew up with cut my throat and said he wanted to kill my baby."

"Veronica-"

"I don't care what you two are up to. Leave me and my baby the hell out of it. I won't say it again."

"Roni," Rebekah pleaded.

Veronica didn't listen. She stormed out of the compound, heading in the opposite direction from the Mikaelson house. Her emotions were all over the place and at that moment, she didn't want to see or hear anyone.

☄. *. ⋆

"How's my favorite baby mama?"

Veronica laughed for the first time that day, the phone in her hand on speaker as she looked out across the lake.

Her back was against a tree, the dirt most likely staining her pants while she seeked refuge in the bayou. It was far enough away from the werewolf pack that resided there that she wouldn't risk seeing anyone; which Veronica was grateful for.

Despite not wanting to talk to anyone, when Veronica saw the picture of her and Caroline in their old cheerleading uniforms, she answered.

"I could be better. Some shit is happening in New Orleans, of course."

"Ugh, same here. We really can't catch a break, can we?"

Veronica snorted in agreement. It seemed that ever since the Salvatore brothers arrived in Mystic Falls, supernatural events have been taking over their day to day lives.