Otto Octavius

Peter was walking down the hallways when he noticed it, an internship with the famous doctor Octavius, he took a picture of the flyer and walked on. He was excited, what if he could get an internship, how cool would it be to be taught by someone as talented as him?
His mood was instantly improved and Wade noticed this as he slung an arm around the smaller boy's shoulders.
"What's got you so giddy?"
"There's this internship that I'm going to apply for, if I can get it I'll be able to work with an amazing scientist! I'm so excited!"
Peter giggled like a child in a candy store, Wade couldn't help but blush at how cute he was.
"Aww how cute."
Peter was too excited to get embarrassed.
"Any who I'll see you later after school, gotta run!"
With that Peter ran off to go to class. He could hardly sit still as he waited for class to end, his feet were constantly moving, his fingers constantly tapping. As soon as the bell rang he jumped up and left so quickly he almost left his bag and textbooks behind. He quickly turned in the paperwork to the proper administrator and then skipped to the entrance of the school where he ran into Wade once more.
"I turned the application in, I hope I get it."
Wade grinned as he interlocked his fingers with Peter's.
"I hope you do too, handsome."
Peter blushed slightly as he continued raving about the internship the entire walk home. They went their separate ways and Peter rushed home and began his constant looking to his phone and laptop for some kind of email stating whether or not he got the internship.
After a few days of nothing he got he acceptance letter and basically jumped so high he made a crack in his ceiling, he decided to cover it up with an Einstein poster so Aunt May wouldn't know.
On his first day at the internship he dressed up all fancy in a white collared button down with a sky blue sweater over it and tan pants. He wore his fancy shoes which weren't so fancy but to him they were. He grabbed his satchel full of varying supplies and practically bounced out of his room and through the house with a quick hi and hug from his aunt.
He raced to the internship and there he was. Otto Octavius, he couldn't believe it, he was in the presence of such an amazing and intelligent man. His hands began to shake as the man held his out for a shake, Peter stuttered out his name and the doctor chuckled.
He looked nice enough with statue like chiseled features and salt and pepper hair. His eyes were beautiful but they seemed a bit dull, Peter didn't noticed this of course he was mostly too busy at trying not to make a fool of himself.
"Follow me into the lab Mr. Parker."
Peter brightened up even more upon being called Mr. Parker, his heart swelled and he could help but give a huge grin as he followed after the doctor.
His lab was huge, filled with various unfinished robotics projects and tons of computers which seemed unnecessary but he wasn't about to comment on that. There were books everywhere, the moment Peter entered the room he almost tripped on a book on astrophysics. His brown eyes stared at the lab in wonder as the doctor showed him his current project, large metallic claws. They were only halfway made but they were so intricately woven it looked almost like Hephaestus himself made the project. Peter stated in awe at the large silver tentacles, feeling the smooth metal under his fingertips.
"They're amazing! How long have you been working on them?"
"A few months now, of course that's just a side project I'm doing in my own time. This is what I'm currently working on for the company."
Otto showed Peter to the opposite side of the room where he was working on something for Osborne corporations, it looked like an Ultron robot and for a moment Peter froze.
Upon taking a closer look he realized it was completely different in appearance and purpose which made him relax. After that Otto let Peter help with the Osborne project, which was quite shocking for the boy, quite literally. Hours flew by like minutes and before he knew it, it was 8 at night and aunt May was calling him worriedly.
He rose from his workbench, tacking off his safety gear as he spoke loud enough for the doctor to hear.
"It's already night, I'm gonna head home. I'll see you next week, this was a lot of fun! I can't wait to learn more from you."
Peter said as he smiled wholeheartedly, Otto gave a small smile in return and nodded to the boy as he left. The moment he left the building all of his adrenaline and excitement left his body and now all that was left was exhaustion. He trudged his way home and ran into aunt May who handed him a plate of food.
"How was the internship?"
"A lot of fun, I'm pretty tired now so I'm gonna head to bed."
Aunt May grabbed Peter and pulled him into an embrace before telling him goodnight and going back into her own room. Peter made his way to his room, putting he plate down and immediately crashing on his bed, not even bothering to eat. The moment his head hit the pillow he was out.