Terminal Insanity

NEW YORK CITY

The early summer sun was setting over the Big Apple that was New York City. The glare of the sun reflecting off the thousand windows of its skyscrapers. The smell of fresh pizza filling the air every few blocks, with people enjoying the taste. The citizens went about their day like usual, and traffic was lighter than usual. A good thing too, otherwise the police would have been in a bad situation.

A couple police cruisers were chasing a bright red car through Midtown Manhattan. Captain George Stacy was among the policemen in the pursuit. They managed to chase the car to Grand Central, where the perpetrator managed to slip inside. His face was narrow, and rather pointed around the chin. His hair was fiery red, and his body was slim, but slightly defined in some parts of the arm. He was wearing a patient's robe that read 'Ravencroft' over his chest, probably being an escaped patient. He hummed a cackling laugh as he zipped through the center of the transit station.

The officers all gave chase to the fleeing patient, knowing just how insane their target was. Based on their records, he could be described as a chaotic lunatic. He had stalked people for no given reason, he once walked through a department store toying around with a large knife, suggestively, and was known for his skill of crafting small-sized weapons and explosives. In other words, this was going to be a tricky take down for New York Police Department.

"Close off all platforms" Captain Stacy quickly ordered his officers. They scrambled for each platform entrance, closing each of the metal gates as quickly as they could. Station loungers and passengers all observed the events, briskly getting out of the way of the policemen and the crazy red-haired freak racing through the disorganized fleeing. "Block all the exits!" the police captain ordered after some time, hoping to contain the creep in the main terminal. From almost every direction and corridor possible, police officers and SWAT members swarmed in, blocking every possible way out.

The maniac realizes he can't escape and quickly seizes an opportunity to turn the table. He lunges out at a fleeing mother with a child in her arms. He knocks the mother over, sending the child with her, until the maniac rushes over to pry the kid from his mother's arms. The mother screams wildly as she struggles to keep the child in her possession. The maniac violently smacks the mother across the face, causing her to lose her grip. The child wails in cries, watching his mother get hurt and not wanting to be in the arms of a strange man.

"CASSIDY!" Captain Stacy calls out to the lunatic from behind a wall of policemen, "Put the child on the ground, and put your hands in the air."

The maniac, Cassidy, chuckled delightfully to himself, "Or what, you'll open fire." He cackled again, sounding high in pitch and almost cartoony. "Come on, ma-a-a-an," he continued chuckling, "we know you won't while I have my friend here." He reached into one of the pockets of his robe and grabbed a handful of small marbles and tossed them around him. The marbles rolled toward the line of policemen, causing some of the officers to look at them in confusion. Suddenly, the marbles ignited in small explosions, sending some officers fleeing. Amongst the chaos, Cassidy was practically laughing in enjoyment as the smoke and flames erupted around him, leaving him in a ring of a safety.

He continued to laugh until the ground beneath him showed a red light shining down upon it. He looked up to the light and saw a lone figure standing on top of the clock tower in the center of the terminal. The figure stood casually with his hands resting on his hips. Cassidy squinted his eyes to see the figure better, but the figure turned his spotlight off, revealing a man in a red and blue costume with a spider web pattern laying over most of the costume.

"Wow," Spider-Man said jokingly, "nice marble collection, I'm sure your parents are very proud."

Cassidy was quick to flee from the hero and ran toward an opening in the line of police. He ran up one of the curving staircases and into the balcony restaurant. Spider-Man followed behind in a swift leap and swing up to the balcony. Captain Stacy instructed one half of his officers to go up through the back stairwell to cut off Cassidy if he decided to escape through the kitchen. The other half he led up the stairs in case he was able to slip away from Spider-Man.