The New Legend of the Dragonborn

Introduction-

            15 years have passed since the death of the great Dovahkiin,  he died as the high king of Skyrim, his cold, beautiful homeland. Many thought that the land would plunge into a dark era after his death, but a new hope arrived, when the fire of the high king’s spirit spoke. He explained that there was another dragonborn, young, two years old at the time, and his name was Neyovzin. The spirit spoke loud, overpowering the sound of the flames burning in the Skyforge. The crowd of people at the ceremony turned to a young mother, by the name of Maybelle, holding her young child who was merely two years old, Neyovzin. The young chid began to cry, but then the spirit of Dovahkiin quieted him very unusually, Doh… Va… Kiin… Doh… Va… Kiin. The child quickly hushed, and fell into a deep slumber, and the spirit of Dovahkiin, vanished, but to where? Nobody could answer. As the crowd mourned the death of their beloved High King, and hero, Maybelle looked at her child. A dragonborn, how was that possible, yes his name was in dov, but that was just because his father was the son of the Dragonborn, and it seemed appropriate. Or did the gods will faith to name him… Had they anticipated the Dragonborn’s death? From dov, his name translates to “With Trust and Honor” it must have had been fate… She decided that she wouldn’t worry much about it, she didn’t want to get paranoid, she just wanted her family to live a normal life. However, in the long run she would discover, this was not the case.

Chapter 1 – 15 Years Later

             15 years have passed since the day Neyovzin was declared dragonborn, but he didn’t know yet. However he lived a normal life, most Nords do, he was now 17 years old, and was strong for his age. In the morning he would take his hunting bow, and hunt down fresh meat early, while it was still dark and cool. He would then return around 7:30 A.M. butcher the meat and tan the hides then go eat breakfast. After this he would proceed to the wood blocks, and chop wood for gold until lunchtime. He would eat lunch, then go chop wood again until nightfall. Afterwards, he would eat dinner, then have about 1-2 hours of free time. Many a night was this free time spent at the forge, practicing his smithing, so that in time, he could craft his own quality equipment. His early life was spent in Windhelm, but after a while, his mother moved to Riverwood, and settled down for 13 years. So this is his day to day life, until today… Around midnight the ground under Riverwood shook, and a distant roar ecoed through the mountains… Neyovzin woke quickly grabbed his iron sword, and threw on his hide armor. After this he carefully opened the front door of his home and after that followed the roar again, but closer. And then a pair of red eyes darted across the skies of Riverwood. Neyovzin charged out of the house, and into the road. Then in front of him landed a Gigantic green dragon, but all he could make out were the bright red eyes of the dragon. He glanced over to his home where he could see his mother’s face through the window, and she looked worried. He made a signal for her to stay put, and she nodded in return. He drew his sword, and lashed at the dragon. The dragon had different plans however, yanking his head back then sending a ball of fire at his foe. Neyovzin barely dodged the attack, and made a quick decision. In one move, he threw his sword at the dragon’s throat. The dragon roared in pain, as the sword pierced his windpipe. Next Neyovzin sprinted down the road, bashed the dragon’s snout with his shield, grabbed the hilt of his sword, and used it to swing up on the back of the dragon. After that he ripped the sword out of the dragon’s throat. He had the fight in the palms of his hands, but the dragon lashed back in pain and Neyovzin lost his footing. He almost fell,  quickly thinking though, he made a life saving decision. He threw his shield, and took his sword in two hands, and stabbed the dragon, directly through his head, to regain footing. He then swung back around to the top of the dragons head, and then stabbed it repeatedly, and soon after, the beast fell. Neyovzin jumped to the ground just in time to notice a glowing aura around him. Suddenly he felt a powerful force rushing into him from the dragon. The force from that rush, knocked him on the gravel path. He stood up and glanced at his mother, who was wearing a guilty face, and at that moment he knew that she knew something about him that he didn’t.