Chapter 25: Christmas Eve Ball

Start from the beginning

"But Jane said I have three hours." Raven pouted.

Caius crossed his arms looking like a very pissed off father, "not anymore."

"I'm leaving." Raven said giving me a pity look.

'Don't leave' I yelled at her in my thoughts, 'he's going to murder me!'

I cleared my throat trying to step around Caius. I didn't get very far. He stepped in my path growling.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you." He hissed.

"Because I'm the Volturi's greatest weapon." I blurted out without thinking. Caius growled lowly.

'Wait to go Alec.' I thought while Caius looked like he was about to lunge for me. Luckily I was saved by Aro and Vladimir.

"There you are brother," Aro said in his cheery voice with Vladimir right behind him. Caius didn't respond he just continued to glare at me. I glanced over at Vladimir clearly desperate. He looked very amused by the current situation.

"Brother," Aro said looking between us, "is everything ok?"

"This boy of yours is going to die." Caius hissed.

Aro raised his eyebrows, "oh, why?" Caius didn't respond and Aro grabbed my hand before I could react.

'I'm a dead vampire.' I thought.

"I believe the child has to get ready," Vladimir said grabbing my arm, "I'll keep him in line for you." With that he dragged me in the direction of the castle. The last thing I heard was Caius's growl and Aro's booming laughter.

"I'm a dead man." I muttered once Vladimir and I were in the castle.

"That depends on what you were doing," Vladimir chuckled, "judging by the look on Caius's face I'd have to agree."

"It wasn't that bad," I huffed, "I've done worse with women."

Vladimir smirked, "Yes, but probably not in the presence of their fathers."

I grumbled under my breath.

"There you are," Stefan said coming up to us, "I've been looking for you Vladimir."

"Well you found me." Vladimir smiled at his friend. I just realized that I haven't officially met Stefan.

"So this is the famous Alec." Stefan said looking at me. He was about my height.

I rolled my eyes, "It there another Alec in the castle?" I asked sarcastically.

"Sarcasm won't get you anywhere boy." He smirked

"Sure it will," I said, "it gets me out of unwanted conversations."

Stefan looked between me and Vladimir, "good lord Vladimir the boy is just like you when you were his age."

"I'll take that as a compliment." Vladimir said as I rolled my eyes.

"I need some advice Vladimir," Stefan said ignoring us, "can we talk."

"Of course," Vladimir smiled then looked back at me, "I'll see you at the ball. Stay out of trouble kid."

I grumble as they walked away.

I was dressed in my tux with a dark blue vest on my jacket. Jane put it out for me so I assumed that Raven's dress would be blue. A knock sounded at my door and I went to open it. Nessie stood there smiling at me brightly. She was already dressed for the ball.

(Nessie's dress and hair)