Chapter 5: Vampire Goddess

Sibling Love

A siblings love
is like no other bond,
it is for life
and goes far and beyond.
Any other love
that you will ever find,
a siblings love
is one of a kind.
When sibling love grows
they will always gain,
a love that's forever
and will always remain.
Robert Arthur Miller

Time Frame: Right after our mystery girl left Alec in the garden.

Chapter 5: Vampire Goddess

(Jane's POV)

I was beyond annoyed as I stomped through the halls looking for my brother. He was supposed to meet me in the lounge so we could play our usual game of Chess. How could he just blow me off by not showing up?! Doesn't he think of someone other than himself?!

The second I thought that a wave of guilt swept through me. Alec never thought about himself or what was best for him. He was always too busy taking care of me.

For as long as I can remember Alec has always been there for me, even when we were humans he was there. When I was ready to give up he would always stay strong just for me. I can't even think of a time when he wasn't there for me. Alec always patiently listened to my rants when I was furious. He is always there for me even when he has his own troubles. How often have I been there for him?

Another wave of guilt went through me. Not as often I should.

Lately Alec has been worrying me with his obsession over that mysterious vampire he met in the private garden. However, my worries vanished slightly when I realized that for the first time in years, my brother has some life in his eyes for once.

I sighed angrily. That still didn't give him the right to blow me off without saying anything. When I find him he is going to get it.

I was walking really fast and due to my distracted thoughts when I suddenly slammed into someone falling backwards onto the floor.

Looking up to see a lower guard member I became furious ready to use my ability on him so he can join me on the ground except in pain. However, before I could do anything to that stupid fool a soft voice came from behind him.

"Oh my," a vampire no older than 18 said stepping around the guard in front of her, "are you ok?"

She was dressed in a red renaissance dress and was barefooted. She was probably the most beautiful vampire I've even seen. No she couldn't be a vampire; she looked too kind and beautiful to be one. Maybe she was a Goddess.

The girl slightly bent down and held her very pale hand out to me. I reached out to take it just to see what her skin felt like, not because I needed help from her. Which I didn't. Her skin was just as cold as the ancients only unlike them her skin was smooth and soft, if that was even possible for us vampires.

She helped me to my feet then quickly retreated her hand to her side as soon as I was up. The girl was only an inch taller than me. Why did I have to be shorter than everyone here?!

"What's your name little one?" she asked softly.

Little One?! I only allowed Master Aro to call me that, anyone else who tried would receive my wrath.

And I wasn't little! I was just below average.

I was about to bitch at her like I would do to everyone else, but her kind smile and warm red eyes made me shut my mouth.

"J-Jane," I said strutting a little. Great, since when do vampires stutter?

"Jane," she spoke kindly, "That's a beautiful name. Are you by any chance related to a boy named Alec?"

"How do you know my twin?" I asked surprised. Surely Alec would have mentioned meeting this goddess before me.

Wait...I inhaled deeply and smelled Cherry Blossoms. This was the vampire that's been driving my brother insane with curiosity. Now I see why. Her whole character was mysterious, but in a good way; if that makes any sense.

"Ah twins that would explain your similarities." She looked at the guard standing by her who looked deep in thought, "Why don't you walk with me Jane?" Before I could answer she had already interlocked our arms and was leading me down the halls.

"You and your brother must be very close seeing as you're twins." She said as we made our way slowly down the hall.

Is this her way of small talked? Well I guess it's better than talking about the weather.

"We are," I said softly at the mention of Alec, "he's my best friend and I love him more than anything else. We don't like to be separated for long periods of time." Why am I telling her this? Since when do I ever talk to anyone nicely? Only my brother and Santiago got to see my nice side.

"A brother's love is very special." She said in a distant sad voice. However before I could think anything of it she changed the subject. "Do you have a mate Jane?"

"Uhhh..." if I had been human my face would be a small shade of red, "yes his name is Santiago."

"What a unique name." Has this girl ever been to Mexico? Last time I checked Santiago was a popular name in this century. "So how long have you two been together?" she asked ignoring my 'are you some kind of idiot stare.'

"Ten years now." I smiled a 'I have a crush smile'

"And does he keep your sex life active?"

Huh? Where did that come from?! Looking at her surprised I notice amusement in her eyes. Forget the light shade of red. If I were human my face would be as bright as a tomato.

She giggled quietly at my expression. "Forgive me that was a rude thing to ask." She giggled again. What was with this girl?

It was in that moment I noticed she was a little like Aro. Asking a random personal question then getting a laugh at our expressions.

Before I knew it we were stopped outside the doors that lead to Caius's wing. Why were we here?

She let go of my arm and stood in front of me. "This world is too beautiful to take it so seriously. So promise me that the next time you fall smile and laugh."

Before I could respond she had disappeared through the doors.

After staring at the door for a few seconds I turned and ran back down the hall towards Aro's wing.

Suddenly I, once again, ran smack into someone falling backwards. Looking up my eyes met the red eyes of my twin, who was just smirking down at me.

"Testing gravity Jane?" he asked helping me to my feet.

I hissed at him, "where have you been?!" I growled, "You were supposed to meet me in the lounge two hours ago."

"That was today?"

'Yes that was today you idiot!' I thought "yes it was Alec."

"Sorry I was working on a puzzle with that mystery girl in the private garden. I'm on my way to the library to find a book she told me about." He said with an apologetic smile. "Would you like to accompany me sister?"

"Ya...no" I said. "I'll just go find Santiago."

He nodded and after giving me a kiss on the cheek her disappeared in the direction of Marcus's wing.

'My brother is losing it' I thought watching him 'but at least he has finally found something to keep himself busy.'

Raven's Author's Note

So what do you think of Jane's encounter?

What's do you think of this mysterious vampire?