Auditions

JUGHEAD POV

I was in the hallway at school and I saw Betty come up next to me. She was more happy and cheerful than usual.

"Why are you so chipper?" I asked. She handed me the paper.

"A school play? We're doing 'A Mid-Summer Night's Dream'?" I asked.

"It's one of the best Shakespeare plays! It's all about different forms of love. I'm gonna audition for the role of Hermia! You should audition for...Lysander?"

"But Hermia and Lysander were lovers in the play. I also can't act or do anything like that. You should get Archie to be Lysander." I nodded.

"I can't! He's auditioning for Demetrius and Kevin is directing it. Veronica is going for the role of Helena. Jughead, please go to auditions with me! They'll look good on your college applications-" Betty exclaimed. That's when Sweetpea, Fangs, and Toni came up to us.

"Go away, you bimbo! I'm auditioning for the role of Hermia and you better stay out of my way or you're gonna regret it!" Toni yelled and crossed her arms.

"Wow, Toni. I'm really impressed. Say, how is it taking off your shirt for every guy that talks to you?" Betty sassed. I snickered and Sweetpea and Fangs gasped.

"Come closer, I want to get a good look at your acne on the ugly face of yours!"

"What an insult-"

"Hold on, I'm getting a call. It's for the virgin that can't seem to get her life together. The two-faces hoe!" Toni yelled. Betty grabbed her hair and Toni grabbed Betty's ponytail and they started wrestling in the hallway.

"We all know you like Jughead!" Toni groaned.

"You wish! Jughead's going to audition for Lysander, maybe you guys can make out on stage. Or I'll just steal your crush, Toni!" Betty yelled. They started to wrestle some more until I got Betty off Toni and Sweetpea and Fangs got Toni off. They started to walk away and Betty and I exchanged looks.

"You definitely need to audition for Lysander now. Come on, we need to get to auditions. We need to prove them wrong, because I am better than her! I never lose. Let's get to it." Betty said and grabbed my arm. She dragged me to the audition room. We sat in there while Kevin filled in auditions. Then it was Veronica, Betty, and Archie's turn. They did a group act all together.

"Hi, my name is Elizabeth Cooper and I'm auditioning for the role of Hermia."

"Hi, my name is Archibald Andrews and I'm auditioning for the role of Demetrius."

"Hi, my name is Veronica Lodge and I'm auditioning for the role of Helena."

"Ok, you guys can start your act whenever you're ready." Kevin said.

After they got done singing, everyone in the room stayed silent. Nobody clapped or cheered. But I was a proud smol bean so I did something.

"Yes! That was awesome!" I screamed with excitement and I jumped out of my chair. I started clapping and Betty laughed. They went off stage and I gave her a high-five.

"That was great. I didn't know you could sing." I said. Betty nodded and we left school because the day was over. I walked Betty home and on the way there she asked me a question.

"So Jug, I know this sounds crazy but...you're not as bad as I thought you were." Betty smiled.

"I was also your bully."

"Still. I think you're a good guy but you hang around with the wrong crowd. Anyways, what are you doing now?"

"Oh, just preparing for another weekend in Community Service. I'll see you later though." I nodded. Betty waved me goodbye and I walked home. I got on the couch and I just laid there.

"What's your problem?" Jellybean asked.

"Betty made me audition for the role of Lysander in one of Shakespeare's plays. I hate acting and it's annoying."

"That's hilarious! You owe it to her after all of these years! You've always been so mean!" Jellybean sassed. I rolled my eyes and scoffed. I seriously need to take a nap.