Prologue

Prologue

Jasmine

I got off the bus on 79th with less than fifty dollars in my pocket. I was shaking. My thoughts were clouded from all tonight's unfortunate events. Survival was my only option and I was right back where I started. Only this time, I ain't have my mother, so I had to do what I had to do. I didn't know where to look exactly and I felt foolish for even trying, but Bebe was my only option. I had nobody else to help me. And I needed help. I was afraid that if I attempt to go to my family before it's time they will turn me away. It's evident Myking doesn't want anything to do with me. He didn't even allow me to explain myself. I wiped a lone tear away from my face before I walked up to a big brown skin woman with the shortest skirt on I'd ever seen. I knew the fact her whole ass was hanging out the bottom of it meant she was probably someone who could help me.

"Hey sweetheart, you see something you like?" She asked seductively after she realized she had my attention. I would've gagged had I not needed her to give me information.

"Um, hi...I'm actually looking for my friend, Bebe. She usually hangs around here. Do you know where she might be?" I asked sweetly.

"Oh yeah, she went for a ride. It won't take her long. Just wait right here, she'll be back in a minute." She said nonchalantly. I thanked her and stepped all the way back off the street. I leaned up against the side of the building so none of these fools would think I was out here tryna sell my ass. I mean mugged any guy that even looked at me. The big lady was picked up by some man in a blue pick-up truck. I stood alone until Bebe hopped out of a black SUV. She smiled as soon as she saw me standing there.

"Wassup bitch? I missed you!" She smiled as she walked up and pulled me into a hug. It was always something about Bebe that made me comfortable. Like we were family. Nobody but my own parents had truly made me feel like family. Before she let me go, I broke down in tears.

"G, what's wrong with you? What happened?" She asked concerned.

"It's a long ass story and at this point, I need some place to stay. Just until I turn eighteen. I can go back home when I turn eighteen. Can you please help me?" I cried.

"Bitch...you know I stay with Cash. I know you ain't tryna go there. I'm down to help you the best way I can though." She said seriously.

"You think I could just ask him to let me stay for a while. I'm already seventeen. I won't be there that long." I cried desperately.

She shook her head no before speaking. "Cash is a pimp, Jasmine. Ain't no way he gone give you shit without selling or taking your pussy. You want to do that?" She asked with her eyebrows raised in surprise.

"No, but it doesn't sound like I have a choice...this is my only option. You are my only option." I said seriously.

"Damn, what the fuck happened?" She asked as she led me down the street.

"He thought I cheated on him because he found out I was pregnant. Candice and Val set me up. He put a gun in my face and kicked me out of the apartment. He wouldn't even let me explain what really happened." I told her miserably.

"I'm sorry, I thought if you told him he'd understand. You should've said something from the beginning because just letting him find out on his own made him come up with his own conclusion. The same way you did when you found out he was having a baby by that light skin bitch. Ain't no telling what those snake ass hoes put in his ear about you. I just can't believe he put his shit in your face though." She said shaking her head.

"He did. I was so scared I couldn't even breathe. I don't know why he would even think I'd cheat on him. I love him. I would never cheat on him." I cried.