Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven.

Alex P.O.V

Yes I know I lied. I lied to my own son about his boyfriend not dying. I feel like a horrible person. Fuck it I'm gonna tell him.

"Casey?" It slipped from my mouth before I could stop it.

"Yeah mom?" Casey said looking at me briefly before eyeing the road again.

"T-Tyler I-Isnt gonna-" I stopped myself. "Tyler isn't gonna make it because they wont find a cure for cancer. Right?" Casey said.

I bit the inside of my cheek "How did you know?" I asked.

"You're a bad liar" he said, I saw a small tear slip from his gental brown eye.

"Casey you won't be alone" I said shifting in the seat.

"How do you know?" He said a bit angrily.

"Because I'm not an idiot and I'm your mother" I said looking at his side profile.

Casey P.O.V

I death gripped the steering wheel. The hospital came into sight, I pulled into the cluttered parking lot. I soon jumped out running into the hospital where they just brought my dad.

"Now I know how Ronnie must of felt when I got shot, I almost died." Alex laughed a bit. "But you did die." I gritted my teeth.

"From breast cancer, not my bullet wound" she said patting her left thigh. "Who are you talking to sir?" A female nurse said with a look of fear on her face.

My head shot over to where she stood "Uh. Sorry just think out loud." I said. She gave me an awkward nod and ran over to help push Ronnie's 180 pound body.

"We are taking him into surgery, say your goodbyes." The doctor said. A tear fell from my eye.

I leaned in close, I whispered softly into his ear "I love you daddy. I'm praying you will come out alive." I kissed his forehead, I saw a slight smile appear on his lips and walked to the waiting area.

I havent called him 'daddy' since I was ten. I got made fun of for it so I stopped. But I didnt give two fucks.

"When he comes out the light with his name will shut off from the board over there" she pointed to a neon lighned bored above the nurse station "In the mean time, the food court and the gift shop are open till 8 pm. The smoking area is out those sliding glass doors and across the street. And the bathrooms are down that hall way and to the left. The vending machines are down that way too."

I smiled and nodded forgetting every word she just said. Her foot steps echoed away and I sat down on the chair.

"Casey honey. Ronnie isn't going to make it. His heart is going to fail in a matter of minutes." My mother said.

"I can see ghosts right?" I asked off the subject "Only me, because I am your protector. For now. They will asign someone eles. But you won't be able to see them, only hear them. Im breaking some major rules right now." she placed her hand on my thigh.

I gulped the bile that formed in my throat and fought the tears back "Sweetie it will be okay" she stroked my cheek slightly. Her ghostly hands were cold.

"FUCK THIS!" I screamed running towards the bathroom. I got dirty looks from people. I sprinted in the men's room and locked it from the inside.

I slid down the back of the door and gripped my eyes. I gasped for air realizing I held it.

Ronnie P.O.V

Alex's delicate face haunted my dreams "Ronnie, you are slowly dying I'm going to get Casey. I love you baby" she said before leaving.