Chapter 1

The roar of the motorcycle engine turned heads as Reece swung into the school parking lot. The wind tugged against her leather jacket as she drove past lines of cars and staring figures. When she pulled up to her spot, she found that there was already another motorcycle there.

Irritation sparked inside her and she wedged her way between the bike and the car next to it. Without caring about whom it belonged to, she kicked it over. It crashed onto its side and more stares were given, but no one said anything. They knew not to.

She climbed off her bike and tugged her helmet off. Short, jagged black hair, highlighted with a dark green fell around her face. Leaving the tipped over motorcycle as is, she walked to the high school. The crowds parted for the black-clad figure, fearing the hazel-eyed gaze that meant they had done something to annoy her.

The school hallways were loud as Reece made her way to her locker. She had just set her helmet inside when someone called out to her.

"Hey, did you knock over my motorcycle?"

The voice was deep and angry. Rolling her eyes, Reece turned to face the brainless dipstick who had taken her spot. What she found was an unfamiliar guy that stood a head taller than her, and could only be described as hot. He had dark hair worked into a perfect mess, striking features, blue eyes like the ocean and a jaw that could take a punch and never feel it.

"You must be the idiot who stole my spot." She turned away and closed her locker door. "Don't let it happen again."

When she went to leave, a hand grabbed her wrist.

"Where do you get off damaging my stuff and telling me off?" he said.

His grip was firm but not tight as if he wasn't quite sure whether he wanted to be holding it at all but didn't want her to leave. Reece spun around, yanked his hand from her wrist and twisted hard. Surprise and pain flashed in the guy's expression.

"Listen, new kid, I don't care who you think you are but don't mess with me."

She twisted harder, making him wince.

"Got it?"

There was a fearful look in his eyes that contradicted his height and muscular build like he didn't know he had the power to fight back. He nodded once and Reece let him go.

"Don't take my parking spot again or you'll find a pile of metal where your pathetic bike used to be."

She walked away, ignoring the wide-eyed looks that followed her.

*

Nix rubbed his wrist and started after the terrifying girl in the leather jacket. There was a ferocity about her that he hadn't ever seen before and planned to never see again. Around him students glanced at him and talked to their friends, clearly making him the source of their conversations. Nix berated himself, his first day and already he was failing in his plan.

This school was supposed to be different. He was supposed to be different. He wasn't that fat kid that got bullied anymore, he had worked all summer to make sure that never happened again, but clearly, all his plans failed because he had been taken down by a girl shorter than him. True she was scary as hell and could break his wrist if she wanted to, but he was bigger than her right?

A hand clapped on his shoulder, making him jump. He spun around and found a guy smiling at him. He had buzzed blonde hair, boyish looks and an athlete build similar to Nix but was a couple of inches taller. He wore a letterman's jacket with a football logo on the chest. At Nix's surprise, he raised his hands and chuckled.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you," he said.

Still, Nix shifted back. This guy had the same look as all the tormentors he had ever faced.

"I get it," the guy said. "A run-in with Reece Martinez has that effect on people, you start watching your back and avoid dark alleys." The guy stuck out a hand. "I'm Trent."

After a brief hesitation, Nix shook it.
"Nix," he said.

Trent gave a nod. "So why does Reece have it out for you?"

"Apparently, I parked in her spot."

Trent gave him a sympathetic look. "I did that by accident two months ago and I barely avoided the chick taking a crowbar to my windshield. Just find somewhere else to park. She doesn't back down on her threats."

Nix nodded to the advice, his hand still rubbing his wrist.

"What's her deal, anyway?" he asked.

Trent scratched the back of his neck, his expression going sober.

"Crazy thing is she used to to be different. Nice, friendly...but it all changed when her parents were shot."

***************************************

Hi

Well, all I can say for this chapter is at least it was blessedly short, didn't waste more than five minutes max.

Usually this is where I say something about giving it support by voting or commenting but I'm not sure it's worth it.

Troubleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें