Are We There Yet?

Leia

   Leia impatiently tapped her foot. Where was the fun part of this trip supposed to happen? She wanted to travel to distant planets, adventure into the unknown, meet somone who's last name wasn't Skywalker. Someone new.

   Leia Skywalker craved the feeling of discovery more than anything. She loved her home and family, even Luke, but she wanted to explore. There was a whole galaxy that she had never even seen. When would she finally see it?

   She knocked on her parents room and Padme opened the door, "What do you need Sweetie?" Her mother asked. Leia made her way in and plopped on the bed. "When are we going to land?" She asked.

    Padme sighed and sat down next to her daughter. "When we get to wherever your father and Master Obi-wan are taking us."

    Leia frowned, "And where exactly would that be?" Mrs. Skywalker shook her head and shrugged, "You've got me there." Leia flopped across the bed.

   "This is stupid," she huffed. Padme gave a sympathetic hug to her daughter, "Don't judge a droid by its plating, Leia," She reminded.

   Leia rolled her eyes, "Whatever..."

   Padme

  Sighing to herself, Padme tried to comfort her annoyed daughter. She had the hot-headed personality of her husband which Padme thought was funny. Both of them could get their way if they really wanted to and most of the time that was the case. Tossing her mess of curly bangs out of her eyes, Mrs. Skywalker searched for a way to cheer up her daughter. "If it will make you happy, I'll go ask your father how close we are to our destination." Leia's eyes perked up, "Thanks Mom!" She replied sweetly.

   Padme headed up to the clock-pit and laughed a little. Like father like daughter... She thought in amusement.

   Reaching the pilot's quarters, Padme found Anakin and their son engaged in a game of Dejarik on the holographic board. Luke looked as if he wan nodding off, but Anakin was trying hard to make the game exciting.

    "Oh darn! Looks like you won again Luke!" He said with enthusiasm. Luke barely looked up, "woop-dee-doo..."

   Padme smiled at Anakin and ruffled Luke's shaggy blond hair. "How are my boys doing?" She asked. Luke shrugged, "Dad keeps letting me win," he announced plainly. Anakin smiled innocently, "What are you talking about? You won fair and square." Luke left his spot at the table and started out the door, "About as square as a circle, Dad," he said with a smirk.

   Padme chuckled and sat her petite figure on her husband's lap. "That boy..." she gave Anakin a peck on the cheek and leaned against his chest. Anakin wrapped his arms around her, "How ya doing Honey?" He asked. Padme shrugged, "Leia isn't as thrilled as I would have hoped."

   Anakin sighed, "Neither is Luke." Padme looked up, "Maybe it would help if we knew where we were going..." she added hopefully.

   Anakin smiled down at her, "We'll be landing in a few minutes. You'll see..." Just then, the two heard a series of whispers outside the door. "You ask!" "No, you!" "You!" "Oh fine!"

   Luke and Leia both entered with angelic faces. Luke, having lost the previous argument, stepped forward, "Now, we weren't eavesdropping, but if we were, hypothetically speaking, did we just hear you say we'll be landing soon?" Leia groaned and smacked herself in the head, "Brothers!"