The End... For Now...

Last chapter!

        "Do you, Anakin Skywalker swear to retake your duties to protect the innocent and maintain peace throughout the galaxy and to put the needs of the New Order before your own desires and attachments?"

         Anakin knelt before the Council with his head lowered. He thought of the day he first appeared before them as a young boy. Was it ever going to get less terrifying?

         "I do," he answered softly.

        Mace stood in front of him with a rare smile crossing his face. "Then on behalf of the Council, the Order, and the entire galaxy, I hereby reinstate you, Anakin Skywalker as a Jedi Knight of the Alliance. Furthermore, recognizing you as the prophesied Chosen One, the Council promotes you to the rank of Grand Master Jedi. Do you accept this duty?" he asked.

         Anakin could almost hear his son and daughter squealing with delight behind him as they watched beside Obi-wan. He felt almost lightheaded as a grin grew on his face. "I humbly accept this duty to the Alliance and promise to fulfill it to the greatest of my capabilities."

         Mace bowed before him, "Rise, Anakin Skywalker, Grand Master Jedi of the Alliance."

         Anakin stood up slowly, his legs almost weak with amazement. The other Jedi Masters bowed to him and he did in return. Before he could turn around, two little pairs of feet came running across the floor and attached to his sides. "Congratulations Dad!" Luke and Leia sang in unison.

        Anakin couldn't help but smile as he hugged his children while the Masters chuckled with amusement.

        After the ceremony, Luke and Leia were preparing dinner with their mother. Anakin walked the hallways of the Temple with his fellow Grand Masters, Mace and Obi-wan. Anakin himself had only learned of his master's position days before and he couldn't be more proud to call him his master.

        "There is no doubt that Darth Midas will not stay in hiding for long. He will only grow stronger as we wait," Mace noted gravely. Obi-wan nodded, "I agree. However, we must wait until Luke and Leia are ready. They are the Destined Warriors in the prophecy Qui-gon revealed."

        Both Masters turned to Anakin who had been walking in silence. "What will you do with their training?" they asked him. Anakin thought for a second. "I will take them back home for a few more months. Then we will move here to Coruscant to continue their training. They will be prepared next time they face Midas," he promised.

        Obi-wan looked hesitantly at Mace. "Anakin," he began slowly, "There is something you must know about the prophecy." Anakin blinked in surprise but allowed Master Kenobi to continue. "While the prophecy makes it very clear that Luke and Leia are the Destined Warriors, the final fate of your son and daughter remains uncertain."

       Anakin frowned, "What do you mean?" he asked quickly. Mace took over the explanation, "The prophecy states that the Destined Warriors will face a trial. If they enter this trial, they will face a darkness not only together, but between themselves."

        Anakin swallowed hard, "You mean, they will be turned against eachother?"

        Obi-wan watched him with sympathy, "We don't know that, but it is possible..." he admitted.

          Anakin was still for a moment but finally looked forward with icy blue eyes, "I will not fail them and they won't fail me. I have faith that they are strong enough to overcome this darkness you speak of..."

          "They are our only hope..."

                              The End
                              For Now