Settling In

"Yah, get up. We have things to do today."

You groan as the gravelly voice slowly pulls you from your deep sleep and try to cover your face with the blanket. You couldn't even remember waking up once during the night and wanted to get back to it. Having such a good nights sleep was a rare phenomenon. You couldn't recall why it happened but you hoped it would again. You bury your face deeper into your pillow and allow yourself to drift back to sleep.

"You're still not up? Fine."

The comforter that had felt as comfy as a cloud a few moments ago was ripped from your body, the sudden rush of cool air bringing you to full awareness. You whine and crack open your eyelids, coming face to face with the smirking hybrid looming above you.

"Good afternoon. It's almost one. I made you food so come eat it." Yoongi orders with an amused grin, waltzing back out of the room with his tail flicking cheekily behind him.

You wipe the sleep from your eyes and sit up with a moan, cracking your neck a bit as everything comes back to you.

You were now a hybrid owner. Or something like that.

You honestly had no idea how this was done, which is partially why you'd never gotten a hybrid for yourself. You've seen your brother and his hybrid interact, true, but you didn't know much about the day to day stuff. You weren't sure how much you were supposed to treat them like their animal counterparts versus the human side.

And that was especially a problem for you right now, because sleeping with Yoongi cuddled in next to you had definitely not given you the same feeling as if you'd been cuddling an actual cat. Instead, you'd been very aware that there was an amazing smelling man wrapped around you, nevermind the quiet purring or the tail that had wound itself around your legs.

You sigh and pick up a hair tie from your nightstand and put your hair up as you walk towards the kitchen. On the table were two omelets, along with a glass of milk for Yoongi and your usual lemon and ginger tea. The food actually smelled pretty good, although there was a touch of a fishy scent that worried you.

The two of you sat down and you began sipping your tea as Yoongi tore into his omelet, finally revealing the source of the fish odor as he did so.

"You put tuna in the omelets?"

"Just in mine. Yours has cheddar and spinach. This one is good though...here." Yoongi grunts as he shoves a bite of his tuna monstrosity towards your mouth.

Not wanting to upset him, you open up and allow him to feed it to you. He watches intently as you chew, smirk growing as he observes your trepidation turn into surprise.

"Not bad, right?"

"It's not awful, no."

Yoongi snorts in amusement then gestures towards your own food.

"Eat up and get ready. You have things you need to get me today."

You pause with your fork halfway to your mouth to stare at him curiously.

"I do?"

"Duh. I'm living here now, so I'm going to need my own things. Don't worry, I have a little money. There are just certain things that hybrids can't buy on their own."

"Oh, well alright then, I guess. It's my day off, so I don't have any other plans."

Yoongi raised a single eyebrow as if to indicate he was already aware before digging back into his food. You shrug and follow suit, pleased that it seemed like Yoongi was a decent cook. It was hard to mess up an omelet, honestly, but it was still really well done. The eggs were fluffy and the filling was a good ratio of cheese to spinach, and you were almost certain he'd even added a dash of red pepper flakes.