As I ran, I heard Sans shout at me before I turned the corner.

     "that spell can't save you forever, it'll be gone by tomorrow!"

     His voice roared in my ears but he never ran after me. I kept my speed with tears flowing down my face as I ignored stranger's stares as I rushed past them to get home.

     I made it back to my flat building just in time for dinner but that was the last thing on my mind. I'm done for. Not only did Toriel's protection spell did its job, it did its job on the most dangerous mafia leader that just so happens to have his eye on me.

     "Oh boy, you fucked up..." Chara snickered.

     "We'll talk about this later. So for now, shut the hell up. I don't want to get into another fight."

     I unlocked the front door only to find out that the chain lock was in use. I sigh and cursed under my breath but moments later, a voice came from the other side of the door.

     "Who's there!? I'm warning you; i'm armed!"

     I recognized it was Ms. Hop who didn't sound like her cheery self.

     "It's me, (y/n), and why is the chain lock on?"

     The front door opened and I was met with a quite frightened Ms. Hop holding a baseball bat that had Will's name carved into the side.

     "Heavens to Betsy you gave me quite a scare! I thought you were some of Sans' Venatores men coming back to do God knows what next!"

     The realization hit me and I remembered Sans telling his two henchmen to deliver my free-of-charge groceries back to my flat.

     "I'm sorry Ms. Hop, those men were given orders from Sans to take my groceries back here..."

     Ms. Hop dropped the bat in shock as it clattered to the wood floor, causing Will to rush out of the kitchen holding a frying pan with a look of terror on his face.

     "You hurt ma?" Will says frantically.

     Ms. Hop glares back at me.

     "I'm fine Will, it's just (y/n)—who happens to have a lot of explaining to do...

*    *    *

It was late and the bar was packed as usual with familiar faces of other monsters that always came every night to either drink away their miserable lives or risk it all on gambling. The one's that gambled were always too drunk to ever figure out that their game of poker was rigged, but the ones that did find out would find themselves "taken care of" out back of the bar. The few ones that were completely wasted stayed to gamble long enough to realize that they no longer have enough money to buy themselves another drink or hail a cab home and are forced to walk home in the freezing cold. 

     Grillby's always seems to attract the lost souls of hopeless citizens of the Underground; one of them being Sans who has is head resting in his hand while the other held his drink. He stared at the wall in front of him with a blank expression, not really caring about the monsters that would occasionally steal a glance to get a glimpse of the well known leader of the Venatores.

     Sans sighs in frustration as he takes another sip of his Gin Rickey that had a spoonful of ketchup that he requested. He looks at his bandaged hand remembering when he grabbed (y/n) and triggered her protection spell to burn him. Still lost in his thoughts, Sans didn't notice a familiar figure approaching him from the right and sat down in the unoccupied seat next to him.