“Is it my husband’s child? Does Gerald know about this? Have they been intimate amidst their arrangement? Why did, Gerald hid this from her? Is this the reason why she felt that her husband still hides something from her?” She rapidly asked herself as the series of questions clouded her mind.

“Iza lost her and Gerald’s child because of me and our love?” She resignedly asked herself as doubt, hurt and guilt rushed inside her.

“Oh God, please this is just a mistake.” She tearfully whispered to herself as she tried to calm her mind and her doubts.

She was thinking of a way how to take this all in when her phone suddenly beeped. She pulled it out from her purse and opened the text message.

From: Unknown Number

Have you received my gift, Mrs. Geronimo? Isn’t it a lovely surprise?

P.S. Go and ask your doting husband.

FYI: He knows it for months now, Mrs. Anderson. How sad he did not inform you of this little information regarding his past.

-Iza Calzado or should I say soon to be Mrs. Anderson as I am sure this will break your marriage and if that happens my arms are widely open to accept Gerald Anderson back and be Mrs. Iza Calzado- Anderson.

Ciao, Sarah! Have a nice life! Amanos!

Sarah angrily put her mobile phone back at her purse and dazedly stood up.

“Why lie to me, Gerald? Why hid me this important matter? She frustratingly whispered to herself as she controlled the tears that were about to spill from her eyes.

“I am tired of fighting for our love, Ge. I don’t know if I can take this?” She whispered as she walked towards the lobby.

“A lost child?” She repeatedly whispered to herself as soon as she entered the SUV. She instructed the driver to bring her to Gerald’s office. “She will deal with her husband now and face this last battle.” She thought to herself as tears continuously flow from her eyes. 

Sarah was inside the elevator of the AMC head quarters, she was struggling to control the myriad of emotions she’s feeling inside as she hid the tears in her eyes. “This was the last straw, Ge. We’ve hurt so many people that we forget that we are also hurting ourselves because of so much love for each other.” She whispered to herself as the doors of the elevator open. 

She went out and went straight to her husband’s office lounge. She saw Peachy, her husband’s executive assistant talking to her assistant at the reception area.

“Mrs. Anderson, good afternoon.” Peachy said to her and bowed her head. Her assistant, Valerie did the same and smiled at her. Sarah nodded her head and went straight to Gerald’s office.

“Mrs. Anderson, your husband is still in the board room for an investor meeting.” Peachy hurriedly informed her.

Sarah looked back at the rattled Executive Assistant and smiled lightly at her. “I’ll just wait for him, inside, Peachy.” She coldly said. The EA seemed to feel her mood that her eyes emanated her agitation and confusion.

“Okay, Mrs. Anderson. Do you want anything to drink?” Peachy asked her with obvious confusion in her voice.

“I’ll be fine, Peachy just inform my husband that I am waiting for him at his office. Thanks.” She instructed her and went inside her husband’s office.

She sat at his office chair and lifted the picture frame that was displayed in his table. It was a picture of them, one Saturday morning. They were in the garden and just enjoying the bright sunlight. Gerald was cuddling her from the back, his hands was tightly gripping her growing tummy. She was looking at him with loving eyes, her hands rested on top of his. Gerald’s eyes were a picture of love and excitement as he looked at her bulging tummy while she was looking lovingly at her husband’s eyes. It was a picture of love and togetherness. They’ve been through a lot in their short marriage but deep inside she knew that they both tried their best to be in each other’s arms but this particular trial is something she can’t comprehend as guilt, pain and lack of honesty enveloped her. She was staring at the picture for the longest time, her thumb touching every part of it as tears flowed from her eyes. She was lost in her emotions and did not notice that her husband already entered the room and was worriedly looking at her, he was kneeling beside her, his eyes full of questions and confusion.

“Babe, are you alright? Are the twins, alright? What happened with the results?” He rapidly bombarded her with questions, his voice a mixture of worry and confusion. Sarah just looked at him with cold eyes and pulled out the Medical Report that was inside her purse and gave it to him.

Gerald looked at her with questioning eyes and read the form she gave him. Gerald’s face instantly turned crimson  as he saw what was in it.

“Why did you not tell me, Gerald?” She coldly asked him. Gerald looked at her with stunned and fearful eyes. He was speechless for a while, obviously looking for the right words to say.

“Your former lover, texted me after I received that. She told me you knew about this for months now. I feel so stupid for not knowing my own husband’s past affairs and I felt so stupid and horrible for causing an innocent child’s life. For god sake Gerald, you made me so stupid thinking that your relationship with Iza was merely a business arrangement and now this thing will just hit me suddenly. You've been intimate with her all along and what's worse is you hadn’t been honest with me about it.  I trusted you so much that it hurts me to the core.” She angrily hissed at him as she tried to control her emotions. Gerald was looking at her with so much fear and pain in his.

“I am meaning to tell you about this, Sarah but my fear hinders me.” Gerald told her, his voice fearful and confuse.

“That was in the past Sarah, you are my now and my future let’s just move forward and forget that awful past. Please, Sarah. I don’t mean to hurt you. I just don’t want to guilt you with something that was not your fault. Please, Sarah. I know I am wrong, please forgive me. I am sorry.” He pleadingly told her as he controlled his breathing and the tears in his eyes.

Sarah looked at him blankly as tears continuously fall from her eyes as the pain of dishonesty and guilt rushed inside her.

“It’s a child’s life, Gerald. We’ve caused a child’s life because of too much love for each other.  Now, I don’t know if this love is even right?” She softly said to him too much pain in her voice.

“I honestly don’t know, Gerald.” She added and pushed herself out of the chair. Gerald stopped her by holding her wrist. Let’s settle this Sarah. Please hear me out. Please, Sarah.” Gerald pleaded. She just looked at him and forcefully pulled her wrist from his grasp and signaled him to stop.

“We both need space, Gerald.” She sadly said to him and walked towards the door. Gerald struggled to stand up and followed her.

“No, Sarah we just need to talk about this.” He pleaded. Sarah looked back at him with so much pain in her eyes.

“It’s either space or a divorce, Gerald. I’ll leave you to choose.” She ended and walked out of the room as tears flowed from her eyes.

She looked back at her husband and saw him grasping his head with both of his hands as tears continuously flow from his eyes and with that one glance, she entered the elevator with so much pain and sorrow in her heart.

“The love she thought was perfect was not that perfect, after all.” She thought to herself as she let out all the tears that she was trying hard to control.

-End of Chapter-