The girl and the new meetings.

Elena had her eyes wide open as she stared out the window and saw the tall castle in the distance.
"I've never been this far north before." She breathed, her breath visualised as a small white cloud due to the cold morning mist.

Myrcella, who was her travel companion as well as the princess' two personal handmaidens accompanied her in the carriage.
"Now that I think about it, I haven't a clue what the starks are like..."

"Well.." Myrcella beamed, she was excited to inform Elena since she had recently done some intensive reading on the history of winterfell's noble families.
"There's the two younger boys rickon and bran, and then the two girls Arya and Sansa and the oldest son Robb"

"I hear he's quite handsome." One of the handmaidens chime in. "Girls must flock towards him like sheep." They giggle.

"That's all just gossip." Myrcella says two the two flustered handmaidens.

"Well we're almost arriving soon, We'll have to see for ourselves." Elena cooed.

...

Upon arrival the stark children had lined themselves up to greet the royal family, the men freshly shaven and Sansa dressed in her best dress. They had been anticipating this arrival for some time.

"Where's Arya? Sansa where's your sister?" Lady catelyn asked hastily.

As if on cue, little Arya came charging past with a helmet wobbling on her small head.
"Hey, what are you doing with that on?" Ned commented before fixing her in-line next to her siblings.

Elena watched discretely from the cracks of the windows as they bowed to king Robert and noticed the red headed girl who she'd presumed to be Sansa eyeing intently.

"Your grace."

"You've gotten fat." The king said.
Everyone shared an awkward glance before a laugh had cut through the silence.
They hugged.
"Cat!" He smiled greatly.
"Nine years, why haven't I seen you how have you been..."

As the king conversed with the Starks Cersei exited her carriage first with Tommen, Myrcella and Elena followed shortly from theirs.

Elena caught the attention of many as soon as she stepped out, many adoring eyes stared at her. Whispers of how breathtaking the king's adopted daughter was even besides the golden haired princess was shared between the folk. But one pair of deep blue eyes had especially been captivated by her presence.

"You must be robb" she heard the king say and her eyes flickered up at the mention of the name. However, she didn't expect that when she glanced upon him that he'd already been staring her way. It was true what the handmaidens said, he was handsome with masculine defined features and soft curly hair.

She could already sense the kinglanding girls swooning over him. But she also noticed the man standing next to robb with darker hair and eyes that didn't want to meet anyone else's gaze.

"Who's that?" Elena whispered to Myrcella.

"That's Ned Stark's bastard son, Jon snow." She informed.

A bastard....

"I'd like to introduce my daughter. Elena." She heard the king call her.

Cersei inwardly grimaced at the term 'daughter'. But of course the king used this term very loosely yet very proudly.

Elena stepped forward. All the attention was now focused on her and she was feeling increasingly timid.
"Aye, I've heard many lovely things about the king's adopted daughter. It's true what they say, she is a beautiful young lady, she almost looks familiar." Ned commented with a knowing look towards Robert which he returned.