Almost Called it Love

Depuis le début

Memories of last night suddenly came flashing back. The smell of Hennessy, and his touch. You glanced at the night stand and the unfinished drinks were still there.

So it wasn't a dream.

You did it again out of sadness.

...

It was a few weeks ago when you met Min-sik at some acquaintance's party. It started with a loud music, dancing and grinding. He's kinda cute. The tough kind of cute.

Cute because he's just your type. The way he smirks like he knew your secrets. The way he touches you you like he's afraid to lose you.

"Hi. I'm Jasmine." You introduced.

"Min-sik." He shortly responded as if he didn't want any conversation with you. It was almost as if he wasn't interested.

Then why is he dancing with you then? It was a mystery that might never be solved. "So, do you come here often?" You asked making him sigh and corner you on the darkest part of the club and started kissing you passionately.

Good response.

You kissed him back obviously. Tonight you wanted to commit sins. Min-sik is a living sin himself.

It continued until you were both staring into each other's eyes and finally decided to take it to another level.

Min-sik was more than glad take you in his place.

You're not really looking for Dabin's replacement. You're not trying to make him jealous either. The truth is, you didn't see Min-sik as a boyfriend material when you first saw him. He's not like the kind of guy you would walk along the ginko trees of Nami islands, nor see the blooming cherry blossoms at the Seokchon Lake during spring.

One look and you saw him as trouble, and you wanted to get in trouble for the night. He looks like he's the guy who can give you regrets. That was what you wanted at the time. That's what you were looking for why you've decided to drink until you're wasted.

He was good.

He made you feel so good. If not he was much better.

The sadness was gone for a moment there.

After you both are finished, he went to the terrace and lit up a cigarette. Just what you needed. You came to join him and asked for a cigarette.

He smirked and gave you one. His view was amazing. City lights are visible. It was magical.

"By the way, you need to leave after you finish that." He rudely told you. It's like he doesn't have shame.

You couldn't help but hiss. You got what you were looking for. It's like karma's coming to you live.

Min-sik avoided your hurt expression and inhaled the smoke. He closed his eyes trying to focus on the feeling that the smoke is giving him. "I couldn't stand a girl that smokes. Especially if she smokes as much as me." He said without looking at you.

Without lighting the cigarette, you took your clothes, putting them all on and gathering your things. You rushed out of his apartment and lit your cigarette outside.

"Bastard." You cursed and gave him the finger knowing that he's probably looking at you from upstairs. He's probably still smoking.

And he is.

In fact, he saw you and smile. "Little troublemaker. Do you think I didn't know that you used me?" He chuckled and lit up another cigarette.

...

Min-sik finally opened his eyes and stared at you with a smile. Suddenly your heart started beating faster. What the fuck is he trying to do? Why is he smiling? The last time this happened, he kicked you out.