(Un)Lucky day

Note: in some islands there aren't any devil fruit users, that's why they don't know what devil fruits even are.

Reader's pov:

"Someone broke in and stole all valuable items from floor 5, apartment C!" - Someone chatting in a group spoke.

"WHAT?!" - I yelled almost dropping all of my grosseries on the group, unluckily only the eggs slipped and fell, shattering.

Silly me...

All my life I had been unlucky:

My parents died in the mids of a clash between marines and pirates when I was 10 years old. Everyone knew they were there except for my parents, truly unfortunate.

My best friend was drugged and kidnapped despite being the wrong victim, a big misunderstanding.

My dogs died after a neighboor placed some rat poison around the building and only remembered to warn everyone the day after, a small mistake.

My place got burned and robbed in the same week, in the same month of the same year, what a coincidence...

I think not! I know it's not! I am cursed! I am unlucky and I know this because I ate a freacking weird ass fruit before paying for it in the local marcket even after the old lady said it was cursed! A fucking slip up on my stupid child part!

Still, my sanity lasted for whole 5 years...

Until I finally ran away to live with wolves in the highest mountain on the island. Best day of my life so far!

In the wild there was no luck, there was only strength and determination to survive. 

Fine... maybe a bit of luck too... but at least I never had any of my wolf sinblings killed (except for natural reasons) or our cavern burned down or robbed!

After 5 wonderful years with them I had to leave... I had forgotten about my curse and got too cocky... It had been too good to be true... A plague took them, most of the animals in the mountain and forest around it to be fair.

Once again I started living among humans but they never stopped harrassing me for my curse in the past 3 years, giving me nick names like 'Beast', 'Demon', 'Reaper', 'although I did like 'The cursed child' and 'Dark Witch'. Made me feel bad ass.

And the old routine repeated itself:

"Someone broke in and stole all valuable items from floor 5, apartment C!" - Someone chatting in a group spoke.

"WHAT?!" - I yelled almost dropping all of my grosseries on the group, unluckily only the eggs slipped and fell, shattering.

"And then somehow it set fire on itself!" - Someone else completed.

"Ah, nah that's normal. I thought somehow the curse had lifted itself up midway or something." - I took my keys out, fogetting about the broken eggs on the ground, and kept walking inside the building.

"Are you crazy? Going inside with a fire on your own house!!!"

"S-She's the witch. N-Nothing could hurt h-her, not even her own appartment on flames!"

"Y-You're right..."

I locked the door and put my shoes aside like usual, calmly walking among the burning flames.