"The baby?" He whispered.

I smiled gently and stroked his cheek. "The baby's fine."

He breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank God. I had never been that scared in my life. When I saw you on the ground I-I didn't know what to do." His voice cracked. "I don't think I could live without you."

"I'm sorry Oliver. I'm so so sorry. I was so stupid."

"Shh.." Oliver shushed and stroked my hair. "You're both safe now."

He winced when he tried to sit up a bit. I leaned on the rail with shaky legs and hit the call button.

"They'll be able to give you something for the pain."

"It's fine. It's not that bad." He smiled softly and stroked my cheek.

A nurse walked in with a skip. "It's good to see you awake Mr. Black." She smiled at the both of us and turned the lights up a little. "How's the pain?"

"It's not too bad." Oliver shrugged but ended up wincing.

"Uhuh.." She trailed off, thoroughly unconvinced. "I'll get you something for the pain." She left after checking the monitors and drip pump.

"What did the doctor say?"

I reiterated most of what the doctor said. Oliver nodded and I could see the relief in his eyes as well as unshed tears.

The door burst open. My head span around too fast and I nearly landed on the floor.

"Oliver! Avery!" Vivienne rushed in looking distraught. "I'm so glad you're okay!"

I was engulfed in a bear hug that was borderline suffocating.

"Mom, be careful. You're going to kill her." Oliver sighed.

She pulled back and looked at her son. Vivienne nearly launched herself on him and cried in his chest.

"Avery," Maxwell hugged me and helped me back to the wheel chair. "We came as soon as we heard."

"You were away on holiday weren't you? I'm sorry to ruin it."

He smiled sadly. "Don't worry about it." Maxwell patted my shoulder. "Do you think I should save him?"

Oliver was giving his father help me eyes as Vivienne sobbed and clung to her son.

"Probably." I chuckled.

Maxwell sighed and pulled Vivienne off of him. He gave his son a hug and a smile.

"Cupcake!" Russell walked into the room looking like hell. "Erica said you were awake. I'm so happy you're okay."

He engulfed me in a hug before doing the same to Oliver and greeted Maxwell and Vivienne.

"What happened?" Oliver asked taking my hand.

Russell sighed and dragged a chair over. "Just as the police got there Aaron Carter shot himself in the head. He had severe and untreated mental health problems for a long time, which had caused him to get into trouble in the past." He leaned back in his seat. "Leah was on the ground crying hysterically before she became violent with the police. She's in custody now." He swallowed nervously. "I'm trying to have her involuntarily admitted to a psychiatric facility that also specialises in drug induced psychosis and rehabilitation."

I nodded my head. "Good."

The nurse came in and injected some pain relief into Oliver's drip. "There you are. If you feel any discomfort let me know."

Everyone soon began to leave the room. Russell and Erica went off to have dinner and Maxwell and Vivienne went back home.

"Avery." I looked up at Oliver. "Join me."

My eyes widened. "I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't." He said gently.

I nodded and we pulled the rail down. With Oliver's assistance I pulled the drip stand closer and climbed into the bed.

I made sure to lie on the side that wasn't hurt.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked as I laid my head on his chest hesitantly.

"Positive." His had stroked my hair gently. I played with his fingers while we both enjoyed each others presence.

My eyes started to close.

Aaron was gone for good and Leah was getting help.
There was no one out there trying to hurt us anymore.

We were going to be able to put this nightmare behind us and finally move on with our lives.