The Party

Ch4
I think I'll just keep it as his POV just to make sure it's not too confusing

The arrival
Doom Slayer's POV, streets of the capital

I walked through the streets with the kid, bird and the cat-woman. He trudged along the path, obviously looking like he didn't want to be here. He wearily explained the whole, ‘calamity’ and ‘rapist’ situation to me.

“Basically, I think you were summoned from somewhere to this place just like us.”

No kidding… once I get a hold of that robot I'm gonna snap him in half.

We attracted a few glances and whispers along the way but it seemed to be pointed at both him and me. We arrived at the entrance where a guard stopped us.

“Only the shield hero is allowed inside.”(guard)

“Why am I the only one that goes?"

“There are various things that you must hear."(guard)

"I would have liked to talk about them before coming here."

The kid sighed and walked into the gates and I followed.

“Stop! Only the shield.. hero… can..”

The guard tried to stop me as I pointed my double barrel shotgun at his throat. They might not know what a gun is but if someone points a metal rod at you that smells like blood, it's best not to mess with them.

I pushed the guard aside as I followed the kid, a slight smirk on his face. Me and the kid went into a hall where the king and princess were sitting.

“Although it is regrettable, thanks to the shield the wave was defeated. Though I don't believe it."

"Is that any way to thank a person?"

"Insolence!......Well, it's fine.  I only want to ask one thing. Though I'm sure you're lying."

"......What do you want"

Does everyone here do a split impression of that bastard? Makes me want to crush one of their skulls in.

"Shield, how did you summon that beast? You have an obligation to speak, though I don't believe it. Now speak. Though I know you're lying."

“I didn't… and there's a person inside there you know...”

“Lying again are we? Only the shield could summon something so beastly...

Is this king stupid or what?

“...something so ravenous…”

The king's madman face was bloating up like a balloon.

“...something that looks so demonic…”

OH REALLY

I pulled out my Gauss Cannon(with siege mode) and fired a charged shot at the madman. Unluckily, siege mode isn't too accurate as it disintegrated half the throne and only melted half his face… It was disappointing to say the least.

“Ahhh...ARHHHGGG!”

The king screamed as he clutched his face full of 2nd and 3rd degree burns. The guards pointed their spears at me but I threw them aside, their bodies crashing on the floor as I grabbed the scruff of his robe and pulled him up face to face.

“ Listen you madman king, you don't even know the first thing about demons so don't even try to comprehend what I am. Got it?”

Not bothering for a reply I shoved his pitiful wailing body back onto his broken throne and walked out of the room. I walked out of the doors and saw the guard earlier, shaking and muttering in his boots.