"Is it really a pause?" she asked.

"Yeah, I would think it's a pause before the next big adventure. Do you think Claude is going to force you to never work again? Never take a mission or be yourself? Do you think he'd lock you down like that?"

Lucy pursed her lips as she thought about all the times he pushed her forward. All the missions they had done together and the laughs they shared. The times she doubted herself and he would pick her up, kiss her and swat her ass telling her to get back out there. When she looked bored he would surprise her with something entertaining, like the time he dragged her outside just to dance with her under the stars.

She loved that memory, in the middle of nowhere, mission not going well, and she hated sleeping in a tent, despite the comfortable bed Aeries had made. Lucy would jump over every little sound even if she was safely in his arms. That was when he got up and took her outside, only to start dancing with her and showing her how beautiful the night could be. After that Lucy was never bothered by being outdoors, if anything it made her take more missions and want to be outside more.

Enough to where in their own backyard they had a beautiful tent set up where they could sleep under the stars, like camping but at home. It was a gift he gave to her and she melted a bit more for him.

Out of her thoughts she shook her head, "no, he'd probably insist on watching the kids, threatening Loke to keep me safe in his stead and then making me go and do whatever I want."

Gray nodded, "it's kind of why we put up with the demon. Couldn't picture you without him Lucy, Mira said you guys were the picture poster for the perfect love."

"He's a demon, love isn't his thing."

"Maybe, maybe not, but it's yours. I'm not an idiot Lucy, everyone knew you were already in love with him the first time you walked into the guild." He said, and she blinked before she began to laugh.

It was true, she just never wanted to tell him because she didn't want to look weak to him. Along the way of the last few years, she fell in love with him. It was more than just the contract and bond or anything else. This was something she felt all the way down to the very bottom of her soul.

"I just, it's too much..." her voice trailed off as Gray held her a little tighter.

"Yeah, I know, but we'll all be there, no matter what you choose. Lucy it's your choice but you owe it to him to tell him before you do something, you may regret." She huffed, she didn't want to confront him. The expression was "easier to ask forgiveness than permission." But she started to wonder if he could forgive her?

"Be in his shoes for a moment, if he sent you away and when you could come back, you found out that your voice and opinion and feelings didn't matter. What would you do?" he asked, and Lucy pursed her lips for a moment.

"I'd be so angry, I wouldn't go near him unless I had to. I'd feel very betrayed and un-loved," she said her bottom lip trembling as tears came out of her eyes, again. Lucy put her head in her hands and cried. She cried for all of it, her feelings, Claude's feelings, the hurt and betrayal she would feel if she was him.

She realized that if the situation was reversed, she'd hate him and would not forgive him for not even caring enough to listen. Lucy felt more like a demon than Claude had ever acted towards her. It wasn't right, not in the slightest and if she still didn't want the kids, he had a right to know. It would be vicious and selfish of her to make a choice without talking to him.

"Thanks Gray," she managed as her friend wiped her cheeks with a tissue. Gray looked at her with a bit of relief, she could only imagine how hard this was for him.