Chapter 4: Run from the Howling Wolves

Start from the beginning

"I did bring them halfway. They're at the little house at the dam with the Beavers" the silly ratted his siblings and friend out. It was quiet for a few moments until the spoken again but in a calmer voice "Well. I suppose you're not a total loss then, are you?" the queen turned back to go to her throne but turned back when Edmund spoke again "Well, I was wondering could I maybe have some more Turkish delight now?" in a hopeful manner. Right now sweets was all he cared about. "Our guest is hungry" the queen instructed her little guard as she sat down in her seat, seeing as Edmund had been a bit useful to her I guess she could award the greedy boy...for now at least.

 "This way for your num-nums" but as he said that he drew his knife from his side and pressed the blade on Edmund's back to move him forward which Edmund did not fight back on. "Maugrim?" the queen called as Edmund stopped and looked back and the wolf walked up beside her "You know what to do" Maugrim smiled as he howled summing his comrades to his side and once all had appeared they set off for the re new target...the humans and the beavers.

***********************

"Hurry, mother! They're after us" Mr Beaver shouted as him and the four remaining kids rushed inside the house and closing the door. As they were travelling back the howls of the wolves could be heard from the castle signally that it was time to get a move on as they ran as fast as they could back to the hut "Oh, right then" "What's she doing?" Peter asked as Mrs Beaver rushed around in the kitchen "Oh, you'll be thanking me later. It's a long journey and Beaver gets pretty cranky when he's hungry" Mrs Beaver explains as she brings us a huge armful of food for us and Susan grabs a rag for us to carry all the food in"I'm cranky now!" 

Just outside behind the trees the wolves were peering into the window as shadow from the light inside moved around signally that the humans were still inside and trying to make a run for it. "Take them" the wolves looked at each other and charged at the house. "Do you think we'll need jam?" Susan asks trying to help Mrs Beaver out "Only if the Witch serves toast." Peter shots back "Not rush you's or anything but we've got company closing in outside" (Y/n) warns as she peers out the window from a distance alerting them that they don't have much time.

Which was a very true case as Maugrim and his pack surround the hut at each entrance trapping them inside as they began to dig they're way in causing sticks, leaves and dust to fall inside the house. "Hurry" One managed to break through but as they went in the  place was cleared out, the humans and the beavers had gone...at least that's what they were meant to think but using there noses one scratched a certain spot on the wall which turned out to be a secret passage way with a hole in the ground and rope hanging from the ceiling.

"Badger and me dug this. Comes out right near his place" Mr Beaver explains as Peter holds a lit torch high so we can see our way as we run for our lives "You told me it led to your mum's!" Mrs Beaver called out. As we ran Lucy tripped over and had fallen "Lucy" (Y/n) said rushing to her side. Lucy looked around as the wolves howls could be heard "They're in the tunnel" she whispered "Quick! This way" "Hurry" (y/n) quickly grabbed Lucy's hand as they began to run "Run!" Peter shouted back "Quick! Quick! Quick!" "You should have brought a map!" Mrs Beaver exclaim at her Husband as they came to a dead end.

"There wasn't room next to the jam" Mr Beaver exclaims back as he jumps up into a whole. Following behind they all managed to make it out and outside with the woods. As Peter and Beaver sealed up the tunnel with a barrel, Lucy had in fact tripped over something. Looking at what Lucy tripped over is was a bunch of stoned statues covered in snow just like the ones at the witch's castle...only they didn't know that yet.