The new forces came crashing down in a wave of destruction. They combined with the remaining army like two streams combining, creating a river strong enough to force the demigods to take a step back.

Hypnos smirked he flapped his wings ready to fly into the air to create more portals when a white sword came flying at his head.

Hypnos stopped flapping, dropping to the ground. "You aren't going anywhere," Morpheus stepped forward with his black blade in hand. The white one he threw at Hypnos came flying back to him like a boomerang. Morpheus caught it and leveled them at Hypnos.

"This is going to be," the minor god growled, "I always wanted to rip off those pretty little wings of yours."

"Bite me," Morpheus charged, swinging at Hypnos' head. The god moved back, dodging the attack before he swung furiously with his claws, attempting to claw Morpheus's face off.

Morpheus jumped out of range and swung his blade, a crescent moon of energy blasting Hypnos back into his army of monsters.

Hypnos landed on a heap of broccoli shadow monsters, he got back up, wiping away the ichor flowing out of his chest. He growled staring Morpheus down as he grabbed the monster below him absorbing them into himself.

Hypnos grew bigger now, his hair now taking on the form of broccoli, apparently a lot of people had nightmares about broccoli.

He charged Morpheus again and the two gods of the subconscious crashed. Morpheus and Hypnos fought obsessed with the idea of killing the other, one for betraying him and the other for power.

Morpheus swung both blades at Hypnos' head, the god ducked before swiping at Morpheus with his claws. The God flapped his wings, floating back before he charged forward, jumping over another of Hypnos' strikes and bringing his blade down on the god's back cutting of one of his wings.

"ARGH!" Hypnos roared as he turned around, smashing Morpheus' face with his hands, sending him flying away.

Morpheus grunted as he got back up, Hypnos held his back in pain. He looked up with hate as Morpheus chuckled, "looks like I was the one to tear off your wings Hypnos."

The god of sleep growled in fury as he turned around grabbing a shadow monster in the form of a bull by the horns and pulling its head from it's body. He then absorbed the monster into himself growing larger and gaining more muscles on his thin frame.

He then grabbed a shark and a xenomorph alien, absorbing them as well. He gained the teeth of the shark and the second mouth of the xenomorph. He snarled at Morpheus wiping his ichor covered wounds, "round two."

The shadow monster that could fly were being shot down quickly by the archers. Timmy and Alecto helped, providing air support, Timmy with the literal air while Alecto's arm sent arrows out like a machine gun.

The second cohort was being pushed back. The monster were slowly gaining upper ground. The first cohort and the attack squads were doing what they could, but there was only so much they could do.

The archer stood behind the second cohort and sent arrow after arrow flying. The monsters were slowly dying, but they just kept coming.

And then the shield wall cracked. A shadow monster in the form of a lion roared causing one of the second cohort legionnaires to flinch. This allowed the monster attacking him to push through and bite open his neck, surprisingly though there was no blood. He simply disappeared from sight in a flash of light. He was the first death in this war, bt he wouldn't be the last.

The roman behind him moved to take his place and close the breach, but the harm was done. The monster broke through the shield wall, through that little crack and the true battle began.