Chapter 36

Chapter 36:

Percy found himself looking out at nothing but darkness. He was floating in the middle of nothing, not a sound was heard, not a breeze was felt.

'Where am I?' Percy wondered as he looked ahead at the nothingness. Percy moved his arm freely, he couldn't even feel the air being pushed away, it was like his was floating in vacuum. 'But then how am I still alive?'

Percy's mind was calm, it was unthinking. His ADHD wasn't acting up, form the first time in his life Percy felt like he could sit still in one place and be at peace.

'I need to find a way out,' Percy realised as he kept looking around for an exit of some kind, but there was none.

'Where am I?' Percy wondered as he tried to push himself upwards, to no avail.

The emptiness was getting to him, the way everything just seemed to push at him was aching Percy sweat.

'I need to get out of here.'

Seconds passed. Percy looked around keeping his cool.

'I need to get out of here!'

Minutes passed. Percy's temper was getting to him. Panic grew and for some reason Gamer's mind wasn't activating.

'Status,' Percy thought, but nothing happened.

"Status!" Percy shouted out loud, but again the brown box failed to show up.

"STATUS!" Percy yelled again and again but nothing came. Soon hours went by, Percy realised that for the first time ever, his gaming powers did not work.

"How do I get out of here?!" Percy yelled out hoping someone would hear him.

"Is anyone there?!" Percy asked, "hello?!"

The darkness all around him started to pull at him. Percy could feel it trying to kill him as slowly more and more of his life force was drained away into the great nothing.

"STOP THIS!" Percy yelled out, he pushed back against the darkness. He pushed and pushed, but he could feel it grow.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Percy yelled out as he tried to use his mana to attack the darkness only to find that he had no mana. He was powerless. The darkness crawled onto Percy's legs, the demigod could no longer see his own legs.

"Get off of me!" Percy yelled as he turned to hit the darkness only to find nothing there. Whatever the darkness took ceased to exists. Slowly it started to move closer and close as now his knees disappears.

"I said, GET OFF OF ME!" Percy yelled out.

Suddenly the darkness vanished, replaced by a bright white light that threatened to blind Percy. The demigod closed his eyes and put his hands over his eyes. But eventually the light lessened in intensity and Percy looked at what had come to save him.

Floating in front of him was a white circle that was around 10 feet in diameter. The white lines of the circle moved like fire, Percy could feel unimaginable power pour out of it. Percy looked down and saw the darkness gone, his legs were back.

Percy stretched out a hand, he moved forward and slowly went towards the circle. Slowly an image appeared in the circle, the image of a spear.

'That must be my weapon,' Percy realised as he tried to grab the weapon. His hands burnt, it was like the light was burning away his very being. But Percy pushed and pushed and finally he wrapped his hands around the weapon.

A bright light flashed out, blinding him and pulled him through the white circle.

Thalia straightened up in surprise, "look!"