Kronos found it difficult blocking two weapons at the same time, but he often took the blunt hit from the staff in order to counter attack and to get into Percy's defence.

The sight of the two fighting was like a scene from legend. The story of David and Goliath often came to mind, Percy's size however never put him at a disadvantage as he used it to duck under swings from the titan's weapon.

The armies of the monsters ran around the crater, afraid that a single step into that field would cost them their lives. They stayed clear of it, instead charging right at the demigod army.

"Ready!" Rob called out as he stepped behind the front lines holding the Golden Eagle tightly. The monsters charged and the demigods buckled behind their shields.

The first wave of monsters crashed into the shield and pulled the defense upwards, exposing the demigods behind it. The second wave tried to use the advantage and strike, but demigods were quicker as they cut into them with their spears before slamming the shield back into place.

Again and again the monsters crashed into the demigods, but the shield wall held tight. The shadow armies grew in size near the front lines, the archers began to fall back, knowing they would be the first to be targeted. They were replaced by the support squads of the Greek camp, comprising of demetre kids, Dionysis children, Athena kids and the children of Hermes.

Craig stood in the middle of the battle field, cutting anything and everything that came next to him with his mighty blade. He was a swordsman worthy of the title, and he sowed it. It didn't matter if he was cutting down shadows or monsters, Craig was unstoppable, holding his ground.

The left flank of the army was slowly gaining ground as they curved inwards. It featured the first cohort and squads filled with children of Ares, the best fighters in both camps. The monsters and shadows that came at them faced the quick and efficient death offered by the first cohort and the gorilla tactics of the Ares children.

And what the demigods failed to kill, Zed, Marcia and Leo didn't. Marcia leaped over the first cohort turning into a fog that killed everything it touched. Zed used his immense strength to pummel beat the monsters into submission, crushing their bones, leaving behind a trail of bodies as he followed Marcia into the monstrous army.

Leo however was smart about it, he knew never to face greater odds unless it was guaranteed you would survive. So instead he shadow traveled all around the battlefield, from one corner to the next, attacking in random patterns. He jumped out of the shadows killing monsters with a swipe of his claws or his teeth. Sometimes he would jumped out of the body's of the shadow monster's themselves killing them in droves. Apparently using a dark creature to kill dark creatures was very effective.

Seeing his army in danger Hypnos pushed the carcass of the shadow dragon off of him, crawling out and getting on his feet.

He looked around at the chaos, the demigods were holding their own, and Kronos was busy fighting Jackson. The monsters were forced towards the right flank of the battle, focusing their attack on them.

It was up to him to rally their army. He bent down and pressed both hands on the dragon carcass and closed his eyes. Black lines began to flow into the minor god's hands as slowly the nightmarish creature began to be absorbed into his body.

Suddenly his very form changed, Hypnos' body became dark, his fingers in claws as dragon horns grew out of his skull and wings out of his back. He grew in tune with the shadow monsters, understanding their hatred of the ones who created them.

"Monsters! Press onto their right! Break through their defences!" Hypnos growled as created a tear in space with his claws summoning forth another portal from which shadow monsters streamed out off.