Percy looked at Thalia, 'is this a test? I heard girlfriends do this to test whether their boyfriends are attracted to other women....yeah this is a test. Don't look at the hot older woman's boobs Percy, don't do it. No. Don't do it.'

Percy eventually had to use Gamer's mind to stop his head from imagining those bare giant tits while Thalia was just enjoying the show.

Percy eventually got himself under control and watched the program. Nigella was british, her accent gave her away, and apparently the theme of today's show was cheese.

"Why do you like this show?" Percy asked Thalia.

"I used to watch it with my mom and brother," Thalia said in a low tone, "some days, when my mom wasn't drunk or fucking crazy, would sit down and watch this show with us. It would just be the three of us and no one would talk for the entire time. Then after it was over, and mom was really feeling good, she would try and cook one of the recipies for us."

Percy could see the tears gather around Thalia's eyes, Percy didn't say anything, he simply held her closer. Thalia placed her head right below Percy's neck holding him close.

"She was a terrible cook," Thalia chuckled as a few teardrops ran along her cheeks, "but Jason loved her food. She would often joke about trying to restart her celebrity career as a tv chef. She said it would be the perfect thing for her to do.

"Then one day she found out a network was looking for a new TV chef. She contacted her old agent and begged him for a chance to audition. She got into the final two candidates. The day she came back after the audition was one of the few moment that my mom looked sane and happy. She cared so much for us, she even...she even tried to fix things between her and me. But a week later we came to find out that she didn't get the part and mom lost it. She...she wasn't the same after that. She got worse and worse. And....and that's it."

Percy held Thalia close as more tears fell from her eyes, "I'm sorry you had such a shitty life," Percy told her as he gently patted her back, "and I know I can't really do anything to make it better. But-I ah, I want to make sure your future isn't as bad."

Percy tried to sound mature and caring, but trying to console somebody wasn't something he was good at, "I get that what I'm saying might not mean much. I understand that. But I want you to know that as long as I can, I'll try and make your life not suck. I promise."

Thalia looked up at him, "you promise?"

Percy looked into those sad eyes. Thalia ever allowed herself to look weak, Percy knew that. Even when Percy contacted Parallax, the entity of fear, she put up a strong face. For her to lower her gaurd in front of anyone meant only one thing, she trusted him, she put her faith in him. And he wouldn't let her down.

Percy cupped her face with his hands and pulled her close. He bent down and kissed her. They broke apart and Percy pressed his forehead against her's, "yes. I promise."

Thalia smiled, "I'm going to keep you to that."

Percy smiled, "I know."

Thalia curled up into Percy as the two turned towards the TV. They didn't speak, they had nothing to say.

As the show went on and on Percy began to realise how easy this Nigella lady made things seem. Before Percy always saw cooking as something complex and difficult to do, but now it seemed like it was just a matter of doing the right thing at the right time.

Eventually the show ended and when it did Percy got a pretty big surprise;

Ping!

You have learnt a new skill through watching someone via your photographic reflexes!