I caressed their cheeks on the screen

I caressed their cheeks on the screen. My babies!

So innocent!! Tears rolled.

They looked so pure. I never come across such kind of human beings in my entire life. I never knew that there were hidden cracks inside them too. I couldn't really see through it, they were pretty hiders like Manik. I envy that quality that they received from him. I feel I'm such a bad mother, they deserved better.

I'm sorry, I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry Avya.

How could someone hurt such pure souls? Don't they have a heart?

I cursed the people, who were responsible for their tears and heartbreak. My babies always deserved the best.

Siri? Thu ro rahi kya? I was snapped back to reality when I saw a sudden rush around me. I became alter, as I rubbed off my tears and kept ice cream tub aside.

No. I said softly to my mother, who was really not pleased with my lies.

What happened, beta? I could feel my father assured me by keeping his hands on my shoulders.

Nothing. I didn't want to involve anyone with my feelings. 

Really, Nothing? I wouldn't mind calling Manik at this moment, he is a better person to get answers from you, should I? I bobbed my head in no in a jerk. I don't want him to get upset for me.

I was missing Avya. Half-truth was better than the full truth as I waved my phone to get their attention. 

Just them? Swara teased me. I smiled softly at her.

Yes, just them. 

Are you sure, kuch nae? dad was getting worried. I nodded my head, as I took the baby from Swara carefully and arranged his swaddle properly. Everyone was looking at me in admiration.

You do everything so well. It gets so difficult for me. Swara appreciated.

I'm the mother of two kids if you have forgotten, Swara. Eventually, you'll also learn. I was too poor at pity things back then, Jeevika's mom helped me a lot at that time. Looking after twins is nothing but easy. I passed Saathvik (Sanskar's baby) to her. She nodded her head in understanding while making funny faces to her son, who was ready to cry out. 

I titled my head towards my mother, who passed a small smile to me. Well, somewhere I did understand what she felt.

Hmm, Maa, how about you give me some oil massage? She agreed instantly. Now, that was quick.

Tume patha hai? I, Smitha and Manik are going to shopping day after tomorrow. She squealed in happiness. My childhood friend can never hold any secrets within her.