Ghost And Saffron Meet

The air conditioner brushed away the moist humidity out of the corner store

The air conditioner brushed away the moist humidity out of the corner store. Bare and lifeless it was with it's artificial light glazing the shop and flickering about. Little miss Ghost stared into oblivion without letting her pale lashes flutter. A cassette tape shoved into the never-ending pockets of her black trenchcoat. White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane had crashed into her soul through her ear. Sending her mind into a haze of images of Alice shrinking while all her bones had snapped. Bruises had been painted over Alice's body like paint going smooth on canvas.
     Ghost loved that morbid little brain she had. It conjured up all sorts of unimaginable things. Even without the good shit. She felt like she was lost in her mind. In the morbid version of Alice In Wonderland that she had conjured up. Her body almost motionless but her mind speeding with lovable insanity. “The world of madness is a lot bigger than the world of sane.” She said to herself in the vessel known as her brain. Her fascination with Charles Manson was as crazy as the way the media had made him famous without a doubt. She even drew an X on her forehead to take the piss out of idiotic people!
    She hadn't noticed that the door was opened and a figure had entered into this little hell hole. Alice loomed around her mind like a long lost friend waiting to meet again. Reluctantly she eased back to reality. Staring at the intriguing stranger.  He wore the funkiest striped baggy pants. A black fading to green button up baggy blouse. Worn down Doc Martens that could tell his whole life story. Messy black hair cascading into the perfect little curls that you could twirl your finger around. He seemed about 5’4 nothing compared to Ghost who was 6 foot.
   She noticed the funky dude shoving a bag of cookies into the backpack decorated with acid rock, post-punk, and metal patches. Ghost stared. Then he shoved a water bottle in the bag. He stared back his almost grey yet greenish eyes met her unforgiving eyes. “Oh shit...” He said. “Do I call the cops or gladly tell you to put the shit you jacked back?” Ghost  said sarcastically. He walked up to the checkout. Ghost  read the name tag. “Why not apparition?” He said. “Or do you prefer phantom?” “Neither dumbfuck!” “My name is Antonio but call me Saffron, My name is certainly not dumbfuck.”
    Saffron studied Ghost. She wore a tight sandy coloured long skirt. Her oddly pale blonde hair had cascaded down her back in tangled waves. Her eye bags almost made her look like she crawled out a grave against her big green bug eyes that made her look like a Margaret Keane painting. Eyebrows that seemed like they blended into her skin. Pale skin with pink tones.She seemed like a druggie to him. “Would you like to smoke some weed with me?” How the hell could she say no! She hadn't smoked in almost a week. Free weed was the best offer you could give her. ”Sure.” She said casually. Acting like she hadn't called him a dumbfuck.
They hid in the bathroom. Saffron had pulled two blunts from his backpack. Ghost smiled in anticipation like a killer on the loose.
     Half and hour later the bathroom was intoxicated the the herbal smell. Ghost's brain never ran on logic. What normal person smoked weed with a teenage boy that was stealing things? Ghost did. Ghost did all the questionable things. "So you have any hobbies?" Saffron asked. His nose chain twinkled in the artificial light. The bathroom was clean unlike a school bathroom that would be drenched in words like "Ghost was the worst lay of the century."
  "I like photography." Ghost said bluntly. "If you  really like photography I think you should elaborate more on it, you sound like a robot programmed to speak." "Well then I'll fuckin' speak to my camera and tell it the right angles!"
     "The camera whisperer." Saffron said into Ghost's ear. Ghost broke into a smile. "I turned the frown upside down." Saffron said sarcastically.
(Will be continued soon follow for updates!)