24 Bad Boy Kisses

Start from the beginning

His eyes drifted away from mine and locked onto something outside of the car. Silence seemed to go on forever and I took that as a bad thing. He shouldn’t be taking so long to answer. If I was right, he should have agreed right away but he wasn’t.

“Pretty much.” He concluded starching the back of his neck, sneaking a peek at me.

He was lying. Even a blind man could see it. But instead of starting a fight or selling him out, I nodded my head and smiled as convincing as I could. “Okay. Can we go to school now? I’m pretty sure we are late now.”

He only nodded his head and started driving again.

I faced the window, so he wouldn’t see me frowning. It hurt to know he was lying to me. I just knew he was because he was always so confident with himself and to not look in my eyes, he had to be hiding something.

It bothered me more because after what we went through with Austin and Conner, I thought he would have the respect to tell me the truth.

People say the truth hurts but lying hurts more in the end.

By the time he pulled his car into the parking lot, first period had already started. I didn’t mind because we were only about ten minutes late.

Walking into the school, Jared grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together. We grabbed late passes and headed towards my class. “Isn’t your class on the other side of the school?” I quirked an eyebrow at him.

He smirked at me. “What? I can’t walk you to class?”

To say I was surprised was an understatement. When did Jared McKingsley become so sweet? Ah, it was probably one of his many secrets that he is keeping from me. “You can, I just didn’t think that was something you would do.”

He scoffed and dropped my hand, instead wrapping his arm around my waist. “Emilie, the rumors you heard about me, are really hurting my pride.”

“Then why don’t you straighten them out for me and tell me exactly what it is you are hiding?” I said stopping us both from walking any further. “Can you explain why you hated me so much? Or why you and Anna were talking in the hall the other day? I mean how am I supposed to know you when you won’t tell me anything about you?” I was breathing hard by the end of my rant.

Jared’s eyes were wide and his mouth slightly agape. He stood there just staring at me as I glared at him. Remember, how I said I didn’t want to start a fight with him? Well that went out of the window. 

Jared composed himself and ran a hand through his hair. He stared at the floor for a while frowning. Guilt started to creep into me as I watched him. I should’ve just kept my mouth shut.

“I’m sorry…” I grabbed onto his hand and gave it a squeeze.

He locked eyes with me and shook his head. “You’re right though. But I can’t just drop all my secrets on you randomly Emilie. You need to understand that. We only just got together and after what you made me go through, I can’t just trust you right off the bat.”